Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Are you happy now - you silly buggers?

Are you happy now - you silly buggers?

Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:07 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you happy now - you silly buggers?

Originally Posted by soapy
i think she will still be a mon on the other sections (well i hope) shes just staying clear of this part
To be honest I dont think its a bad thing for her to steer clear of this part of the forum for a while. As much as I love Polly the feelings that are floating around here are a little close to home.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:16 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
To be honest I dont think its a bad thing for her to steer clear of this part of the forum for a while. As much as I love Polly the feelings that are floating around here are a little close to home.
yeh, but this forum has still lost a good mod
Old Feb 18th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

I'm not moving back from Oz, but I can understand why people from there need to vent and discuss their reasons on the MBTTUK forum. I needed to vent too without fear of being attacked for my views. I couldn't do that on the Canada forum because I would be shot down alive!

What I don't understand is why people who aren't moving back to the UK need to come on here and stir up trouble. Most of us have lived in the UK and we know what it is like there. I can't see it serves any purpose aggrivating people who are clearly happy to move back to the UK.

Just my 2p's worth
Old Feb 18th 2007, 6:12 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Not that my opinion really counts on this but here goes.
I try to stay off this forum, i have a habit for going off topic and i admit that, i occasionally pop in and offer advice if it is relevant to where i live or what i have done.
Having lived in many countries AND returned to the UK i feel i am justified in doing so, it is hard re-adjusting, i know, and thats why i post, but for the most part, as has been said, it is a support network, and for that reason i keep my posts to a minimum.
I personally think Polly is a brilliant Mod, and i dont give a rats arse if that sounds sycophantic, they have a shite job, it is almost thankless and they are damned if they do and damned if they dont.
I have come close to breaking site rules at times, and have been pulled up by the Mods at times, does it piss me off? Yes, but thats what they are there for, and im sure if someone was being a twat with me i would hope they would step in.

For christ sake, its like a kids bloody playground, if you had a thread closed get the hell over it, i sometimes wish some of mine were closed, (they attract very little attention, it makes me look like billy no mates), look where you screwed up and post again without the mistakes! Isnt that what life is about?

Polly i think your a fine Mod, (if only Gedge was as good! I say that because i know he isnt here and for sure this thread will be closed soon!)
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
This isn't real life you know, it's "The Internet"
I'm sure Pollyana has got better ways to spend her 'real life' than sit here going through post after post making sure it is suitable for a particular forum.
It's a role that's taken on voluntarily, from what I understand. It's shame Polly has decided to resign but I'm sure she can do without the crap when volunteering her time to try and make this forum a nicer place for us all to frequent.

Personally, I'm sick of people treating the MBTTUK forum like a freakshow. It seems every week we have someone starting a thread along the lines of "why on earth would you want to move back to the UK?", or those who just come to stir the pot and tell us all how awful the UK really is.

It must be a pretty difficult task trying to find the right balance when moderating this forum. I don't really see how the moderators can be criticised for their actions - we're never all going to agree on the same course of action all of the time.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

I have thought about this overnight.

Why was the moving back to the UK forum created? I got the impression it was because anybody posting anything even slightly negative about australia would be eaten alive on the australia forum. (and fishfinger has just said the canada forum would be similar).

The aus forum seems to be a place to post all thats wrong with the UK, should that be in the TIO forum too then?
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I post in any forum that will listen to me

When we decided to return to the uk I found this site so useful. I had heaps of support and people understood my feeling about our return and I will be forever grateful to those people.

I think that if you stay or go, it doesn't make you better than anyone else. The fact that Polly has been given grief for trying to help makes me cross.

Yes by all means ask questions about people returning but don't slate them for their decision. After all, one day it might be you who decided to return to the uk
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Why was the moving back to the UK forum created? I got the impression it was because anybody posting anything even slightly negative about australia would be eaten alive on the australia forum.
No, this forum was created for those returning to the UK from anywhere abroad.
Originally Posted by jad n rich
The aus forum seems to be a place to post all thats wrong with the UK, should that be in the TIO forum too then?
A number of those types of posts are to be expected. Many of those people are moving to another country because they are not happy with their life in the UK. These issues have already been addressed in this thread, there is no need to continue the post-mortem.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:45 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

If this thread is closed by post 40 i am officially to be called Mystic Matt!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No I shan't reconsider, I'm sure Paul will do the job better than I ever did.

Yes, I did have one.......
You have done a great job polly.I agree with dunroving. A very good post.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:55 pm
Straw Man.

bugger!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Polly...
I am going to miss you
I don't have the time to browse the other parts of the forum so I hope that you still post here as your point of view is very well received by majority
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul
No, this forum was created for those returning to the UK from anywhere abroad.
A number of those types of posts are to be expected. Many of those people are moving to another country because they are not happy with their life in the UK. These issues have already been addressed in this thread, there is no need to continue the post-mortem.

Actually Paul, I think you'll find you didn't answer my question at all, you just skirted around it nicely! You should do well in politics.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Actually Paul, I think you'll find you didn't answer my question at all, you just skirted around it nicely! You should do well in politics.
Your questions were answered several times. The fact you either didn't like, or understand the answer does not negate it.

Thread closed.