Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Would You Put England Flags on Your Car?

Would You Put England Flags on Your Car?

Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:41 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would You Put England Flags on Your Car?

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
Assuming that those of you who will display the England flag on your cars over there in America do so only for the duration of England's period of time as an on going competing nation will most probably be taking them down again before the natives have time to notice them in the first place.

Have you not heard the latest news then?

As a Scot I will support any country drawn to play against England! Come on the USA - do your stuff!
Here you go...

Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

I concur with Lothianlad!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:50 pm
Dragon with a Wagon

Dudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Jesus was an Airborne Ranger.........you'll be one too, oh Lordie,
Oh my you'll find no fish on my car
Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:37 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dudette
God Country is Yorkshire mate, Yorkshire not San Diego
Well, San Diego is my adopted Gods country...and yes, Yorkshire is gods country..
Old Jun 9th 2010, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
I know what you mean. They seem to forget that the Valdez spill was caused by Exxon - a US company. The loony Right are trying to whip up a storm over this. Who let BP drill offshore in the first place? Ummm...the US Government egged on by the "drill, baby drill" crowd
Nice turnaround. It's our fault for letting them drill offshore. Following the same line of reasoning, it's also our fault for trusting their competency. And who exactly is forgetting that the Valdez spill was caused by a U.S. company? I've heard references to it on CNN since this thing began. There are cleanup volunteers still sick after 21 years. All I got from your post was denial and typical leftist finger pointing. I'm getting sick to my stomach from some of the drivel I've read here. FYI, it's the liberal environmentalists who are whipping up a storm over this. And I don't blame them. I heard last night that there is oil seeping up from the ocean floor, which may indicate that the well casing deep underground may be ruptured at a depth even lower than the relief wells are planned to go, meaning that they literally may not be able to stop it. So, sorry BP, it's really our fault for trusting in your ability to drill safely. In months on this forum, I've never seen such an arrogant post, and that's saying a lot. Sorry for dragging this up guys, but I had to answer this.

Last edited by Tom60; Jun 9th 2010 at 1:19 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom60
FYI, it's the liberal environmentalists who are whipping up a storm over this.
I'd agree, BP/Halliburton/TransOcean are either all or singularly to blame for this massive environmental disaster but try googling "Rush Limbaugh oil" and you'll find a whole load of articles like this:

Rush Limbaugh: Oil Spill Was Deliberate Act By Environmentalists

Oh, Rush. While everyone is focused on the environmental and economic impact of the oil rig explosion and subsequent spill, Limbaugh has his own theory: the rig was blown up by "hardcore environmentalist wackos."

President Obama just made some remarks on the topic. He said, according to AFP, that the spill was "a massive and potentially unprecedented environmental disaster," and added that "BP is responsible for this leak. BP will be paying the bill."

But Rush has arrived at a very different culprit. Here, via WWLTV in Louisiana, is the big guy's theory as aired on his Thursday show. We'd advise you put on a tinfoil hat before reading it, just to get into the spirit of things.

http://gawker.com/5529289/rush-limba...ironmentalists

The far Right are trying to make an issue out of this. IMO the reason Obama decided to allow off-shore drilling was because of the Republican "drill baby drill" crowd. After the BP disaster, he wisely shutdown off-shore drilling to which the far Right has been moaning about ever since. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There's no pleasing them it seems.

Last edited by Brit3964; Jun 9th 2010 at 2:41 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone pisses and moans about BP, just remind them about the 14,000 Indians, thanks to the Chemical leak at Bhopal. Union Carbide was an American Company.

Jim.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the Bhopal disaster is highly relevant to this issue. Just more finger pointing, "yeah, but look what you people did!" You could argue this kind of stupid shit all the way back to when the first cave man pissed in his neighbors garden. Fine. You win. It's our fault. But take your rigs and your BP stations and get out. We'll clean up the mess.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 4:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

So let's all make a fist so there are no longer any fingers around to point. This thread is about putting a Brit flag on your car not about whose to blame for the Gulf oil spill or other world disasters.

Further continuation of an off-topic nature will cause the thread to be closed.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 4:47 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
So let's all make a fist so there are no longer any fingers around to point. This thread is about putting a Brit flag on your car not about whose to blame for the Gulf oil spill or other world disasters.

Works for me.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete

Sorry, and thanks.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 12:20 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

yes....
Attached Thumbnails Would You Put England Flags on Your Car?-car-flag.jpg  
Old Jun 10th 2010, 2:07 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Well my flags came in the mail I will be surprised if there are any left in England, 3 lots of flag bunting, 2 full size flags and the car flags that are bloody huge, and the BP protests/boycotts are hotting up...still debating.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
I was getting all excited for the World Cup and asked my sister to send me some of the car flags... well they are in the mail and she wants in -situ pictures...

...but DH is now wondering if it may not be a a good idea with the anti- British sentiment from the loony right. We are about to see oil on our beaches in the next few days and the place is full of network tv crews.

So dare I ? would you?
Nope, for obvious reasons.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 4:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
Nope, for obvious reasons.

Do you have a pair of clogs hung from your rear view mirror?

Congratulations BTW Toon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.