Wikiposts

would you have moved if

Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:33 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: would you have moved if

Originally Posted by Sammy T
I think in reality many people do move for the weather, may not be the only factor but a strong one, never the less.

We certainly liked the thought of more sunshine and having just been through Winter in Tasmania (not the warmest place in Oz!) we have had far more sunny, dry days than we would ever have in a UK winter.

BUT all the other things connected to the weather that we thought we were going to do, like taking up kayaking, enjoying the outdoors etc we can't do, either because we can't afford it (Australia is bleeding us dry) or we are fed up with having to drive ages to get anywhere etc

So, in summary, for us the weather was a factor but now it does not seem important any more, I just want to be back where I felt I belonged, where I did not stand out all the time, where everytime I spoke in a shop I wasn't stared at, where I could be around for important family occasions, I could go on......................

Sam
hi Sam I agree and feel the same
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all

I'm in NZ so not much of comparison to the heat in Oz but hotter than Uk but we are going back I MISS THE FROST and real proper seasons.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

alexleeson has a reputation beyond reputealexleeson has a reputation beyond reputealexleeson has a reputation beyond reputealexleeson has a reputation beyond reputealexleeson has a reputation beyond reputealexleeson has a reputation beyond reputealexleeson has a reputation beyond reputealexleeson has a reputation beyond reputealexleeson has a reputation beyond reputealexleeson has a reputation beyond reputealexleeson has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't move because of the weather. I actually hate hot weather (I barely endure summer here) - I came here for the ability to have a big house and the fact I had a good job offer.

Now the novelty of a huge house has worn off, I am missing the cooler weather of the UK. Can't wait to go back honestly!

I don't really regret the experience living here, I guess I could only appreciate the UK more by coming here in the first place.