Just got back..

Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

KRUSADR has a spectacular aura aboutKRUSADR has a spectacular aura aboutKRUSADR has a spectacular aura about
Default Just got back..

Hello,

I have just returned from back home, Bedfordshire to be exact. I went back for a freinds wedding which was in Buckinghamshire.

It was so refreshing, the people were so nice, and 'genuine' with such good humour. I had forgotten what a green and pleasant land it really is.

The scenery is second to none. You cant beat the rolling green hills and beautiful towns and villages.

People complain over there but they dont know what they have.

Last edited by KRUSADR; Sep 19th 2008 at 4:40 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just got back..

You do have to be careful that you're not seduced by the holiday mentality. That's what a lot of people get into when moving abroad.

That said, I remember living on the outskirts of London and know that within half an hour, of course if there wasn't traffic, I would be in the countryside.

Also within a 15mile radius I had friends and family that I could drop into see.

Every weekend, there was something going on.

The pull to go back is strong. Question is when is the right time to go?

Glad you enjoyed your trip.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Dee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really nice

I totally agree with you krusadr. Living in the desert here in Spain, I have to admit to being totally bowled over by the greenery, when I go back for a visit!
I love the sheer volume and variation of the trees lining every country lane near my house in the UK.

My house is deep in the countryside of Hertfordshire yet only 30 minutes from central London, and even though I've been in Spain a few years now, and lived in Herts for 30 years it was only after I left that I could see the beauty of the place...talk about not see the wood for the trees....

..fortunately having not sold my house in England when I moved to Spain, I can return as often as funds allow, so luckier than most, and boy am I glad I took that decision!!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Of course the UK countryside is especially lush and green - is it any wonder? - we've had half the Atlantic ocean fall on us for months and months with hardly any dry spells at all. The past summer was a crap with hardly any sun - just rain a lot of the time. "Summer" last year was a washout with floods in many parts - so yes - our countryside is very very green at the minute.

But at last we are having the summer weather now - no rain for days and it's warm and sunny and fine. And some of the trees are now beginning to turn from green to brown and yellow and red.