Why return from Canada?

Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:05 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why return from Canada?

Originally Posted by dewdrop
good luck I say try it...or you'll always have it in your head and wonder
I posted about this recently. I think it can lead to big mistakes. Not directed at you, Dewdrop but in life we're always making decisions. Go to this job or that, this university or that, date this person or that. Take up tennis or golf. Some of these decisions turn out to be really important, some don't. Some are mistakes, some turn out really well.

But if we were always thinking about the path not taken, we'd go crazy. So why it's seen as the right way to think about moving to another country, I don't know. It's a huge decision -- which isn't the way many of us think about it when we do it -- which makes doing it "in case I regret it later" make even less sense to me.

Eg. here's this man who wants to marry me. I'm not sure, but I better had in case I regret it later.

Buddy, I do think sometimes we just want a change, and a move to another part of the UK might be just right. And a lot less traumatic. I don't mean that in a totally bad way, but moving country is traumatic, even if it works out really well.

Bev
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Buddy is a jewel in the roughBuddy is a jewel in the roughBuddy is a jewel in the roughBuddy is a jewel in the roughBuddy is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for more of your responses.

I do appreciate what you are are saying. Ah, if only it didn't take so long to process the PR, we could have moved over years ago!

I guess we would be giving up so much, if we went over. The best approach is that we have agreed that hubby needs to secure a job first. We are going to keep saving with a view to going over in a couple of years. If we choose not to, we can use it as a deposit on a house. It really is a tough choice. In a way I want to make the decision soon and get on with things rather than being in limbo. I guess it doesn't work that way.

Dewdrop - how long have you been over in Canada? Are you moving back to the same area in the UK?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Buddy
Thank you for more of your responses.

I do appreciate what you are are saying. Ah, if only it didn't take so long to process the PR, we could have moved over years ago!

I guess we would be giving up so much, if we went over. The best approach is that we have agreed that hubby needs to secure a job first. We are going to keep saving with a view to going over in a couple of years. If we choose not to, we can use it as a deposit on a house. It really is a tough choice. In a way I want to make the decision soon and get on with things rather than being in limbo. I guess it doesn't work that way.

Dewdrop - how long have you been over in Canada? Are you moving back to the same area in the UK?
heelo buddy,

I WAS a child expat, adult now, have children...

If you check out my other posts you can read my story..or PM me. I've been here since little, so its a HUGE step for us..new country for us, been back on holidays to UK and always hated getting back on the plane to nothing-ness again..family are there, and ITS just our time to move back..

I'm on the emotional rollarcoaster right now...hopefully it stops soon

Good luck to you and your family!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 1:59 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dewdrop
heelo buddy,

I WAS a child expat, adult now, have children...

If you check out my other posts you can read my story..or PM me. I've been here since little, so its a HUGE step for us..new country for us, been back on holidays to UK and always hated getting back on the plane to nothing-ness again..family are there, and ITS just our time to move back..

I'm on the emotional rollarcoaster right now...hopefully it stops soon

Good luck to you and your family!
Hey!!! In 2 wks time we will of been back ORM a yr And i still haven't got off that rollercoaster lols
In fact i may just throw a party to celebrate
Gosh its gone so quick We were in Canada for 14 mths and it felt more like 14yrs