Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Airlines from Canada to UK? which one did you use?

Airlines from Canada to UK? which one did you use?

Old Jun 12th 2009, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of
Default Airlines from Canada to UK? which one did you use?

Ok, so we missed ALL the deals...and looks like our house could be sold by tonight? so we're looking at closing Aug 31...with that being said, we've thinking one to two weeks before closing...

So now, its flights?

which did you use?

Is it better to book in July for August? family of 5, no pets.

IS the any deals to be had for one way to UK...as nothing is cheap at all right now, IF i only could have looked into my crystal ball in April - flights were amazing deals!!! oh well.

we've looking at;
flyglobespan $2280
british airways $5000+
air transat
canadian affair?

we need Toronto/Hamilton Airports to Heathrow..no one flies to stanstead..
Only hitch with flyglobespan they go to Gatwick...and we've heading to Suffolk, Ipswich..

any others???

Last edited by dewdrop; Jun 12th 2009 at 3:02 pm. Reason: added more
Old Jun 12th 2009, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airlines from Canada to UK? which one did you use?

I would take a look on orbitz.com

The prices are in US dollars so these prices aren't as bad as a couple of months ago when the exchange rate wasn't too good.

We booked with them at the end of last year and no problems.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 5:29 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

The airlines seem to be doing last minute deals rather than in advance. I got a good one recently for a trip I'm doing in a month. Air Canada has some deals on now for flights taken in June.

I saw a good price for August from Thomas Cook through canadianaffair, but i didn't follow it through. It seemed to be saying it was fine for one-way, which would be great. Book one way on the big airlines and the price rockets.

If it's possible for you to go into the States to get the flight you might get a better deal. So many more choices.

Good luck!

Bev
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

thanks i'll check those airlines out as well.

flyglobespan had a $9 one way flight...all in all it would have been $184 one way, but the hitch, flight leaves on sunday june 14th..LOL

Not going to the States, i'm only a PR here, so i'd need a Visa to cross the border..too much hassle.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bevm
The airlines seem to be doing last minute deals rather than in advance. I got a good one recently for a trip I'm doing in a month. Air Canada has some deals on now for flights taken in June.

I saw a good price for August from Thomas Cook through canadianaffair, but i didn't follow it through. It seemed to be saying it was fine for one-way, which would be great. Book one way on the big airlines and the price rockets.

If it's possible for you to go into the States to get the flight you might get a better deal. So many more choices.

Good luck!

Bev
Icelandair offer pretty good deals too - depends on the date you want to fly, but some of the fares I looked at seem to match the flyglobespan one. Of course, there's a stopover in Reykjavik.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:58 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dewdrop
Ok, so we missed ALL the deals...and looks like our house could be sold by tonight? so we're looking at closing Aug 31...with that being said, we've thinking one to two weeks before closing...

So now, its flights?

which did you use?

IS the any deals to be had for one way to UK...as nothing is cheap at all right now, IF i only could have looked into my crystal ball in April - flights were amazing deals!!! oh well.

we've looking at;
flyglobespan $2280
british airways $5000+
air transat
canadian affair?

Only hitch with flyglobespan they go to Gatwick...and we've heading to Suffolk, Ipswich..

any others???
Hi Dewdrop Great news about the house That must be a big relief......We flew back with Zoom, we just made it before they quit flying Wouldn't of normally of used them, but we had to get our 3 cats home and didn't have much choice....
I have flown with Air-transat through Canadian affair acouple of times and have had no probs. If you can hang on till first week of september the prices drop quite alot........
Old Jun 13th 2009, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Think out of the box!

We are returning to the UK next week, looked at single flights for 4 from winnipeg to london - $5200

Queen mary2 NYC to Southampton $800 a head,

So even with a short break in NYC the cruising route is competitive!
Old Jun 13th 2009, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

So now, its flights?

which did you use?

we've looking at;
flyglobespan $2280
british airways $5000+
air transat
canadian affair?

any others???
gatwick is much more convenient for ipswich than heathrow!
Old Jun 13th 2009, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
gatwick is much more convenient for ipswich than heathrow!

you know what!!! I think you are right...was talking to OH tonight and it looks the quicker route...never done gatwick b4, but from the Drivers Atlas is looks simpler.

What about airline vans that p/u people from airport and drive them to their destinations? anyone know a reputable company..or is that not heard of??? canada has airline limosine service...we won't be needing that kinda service just a van will suffice..lol

thanks for answering one of my many questions
Old Jun 13th 2009, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sans
Hi Dewdrop Great news about the house That must be a big relief......We flew back with Zoom, we just made it before they quit flying Wouldn't of normally of used them, but we had to get our 3 cats home and didn't have much choice....
I have flown with Air-transat through Canadian affair acouple of times and have had no probs. If you can hang on till first week of september the prices drop quite alot........

thanks Sans...It has been a up/down journey to get it sold. I'm glad its almost over. The sold sign goes up tomo(sat). closing aug 31 and what with school can't wait til Sept.

I have looked into cnd affair...alot more money i'm afraid...flyglobespan seems to be runner up so far.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

you know what!!! I think you are right...was talking to OH tonight and it looks the quicker route...never done gatwick b4, but from the Drivers Atlas is looks simpler.

What about airline vans that p/u people from airport and drive them to their destinations? anyone know a reputable company..or is that not heard of??? canada has airline limosine service...we won't be needing that kinda service just a van will suffice..lol

thanks for answering one of my many questions
one of the cab companys in ipswich used to do gatwick runs - cant remember the name you would need to google it

gatwick to ipswich is easy, m27 - m25 - A12 probably 100 minutes it you get the traffic right,
Old Jun 13th 2009, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
one of the cab companys in ipswich used to do gatwick runs - cant remember the name you would need to google it

gatwick to ipswich is easy, m27 - m25 - A12 probably 100 minutes it you get the traffic right,

thanks again
Old Jun 13th 2009, 9:37 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Sans...It has been a up/down journey to get it sold. I'm glad its almost over. The sold sign goes up tomo(sat). closing aug 31 and what with school can't wait til Sept.

I have looked into cnd affair...alot more money i'm afraid...flyglobespan seems to be runner up so far.
You did real well to sell so quick me thinks It took me 3 mths a yr ago to find a buyer and after what felt like 100's trudging through my door

I was asked not to take my 2 kids to there school, till the 3rd day back in the sept. They wanted to sort and settle the others in first, before they introduced my 2 into school....

Anyway all the best chuck
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sans
You did real well to sell so quick me thinks It took me 3 mths a yr ago to find a buyer and after what felt like 100's trudging through my door

I was asked not to take my 2 kids to there school, till the 3rd day back in the sept. They wanted to sort and settle the others in first, before they introduced my 2 into school....

Anyway all the best chuck
Thanks sans!!

Yes felt the same way with everyone poking around our house...We did drop the price $20,000 even with ALL the improvements we did...wondering now IF we should have been a bit more patient??...WE are the type to always go back and wonder..NOT a good thing by any means ALL bittersweet feelings now.

I want to ring up the schools just to let them know we are moving to the area...since we have one in highschool (11yo)and the other in primary(6yo)...

getting off topic on my own posting...oh well, IT all helps
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks sans!!

Yes felt the same way with everyone poking around our house...We did drop the price $20,000 even with ALL the improvements we did...wondering now IF we should have been a bit more patient??...WE are the type to always go back and wonder..NOT a good thing by any means ALL bittersweet feelings now.

I want to ring up the schools just to let them know we are moving to the area...since we have one in highschool (11yo)and the other in primary(6yo)...

getting off topic on my own posting...oh well, IT all helps
Have you secured places in schools? or determined that they have space?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.