Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

why did we do it? conclusion

why did we do it? conclusion

Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

karyncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud ofkaryncake has much to be proud of
Default why did we do it? conclusion

I recently wrote a post "why did we do it" and thought I'd update it. I didnt want to put anyone off moving back to the UK. The main reason I came back was to be near my family after my sister died. Ive only been back about 8 months and am impatient about starting over again. Like I said earlier, I cant afford to pay the fees and go back to college so my choice of job is limited as I spent most of my time in NY working as a waiter and dont want to do the same over here. I decided to do voluntary work in my spare time and build up my skills that way, also not having my cats here motivates me into buying my own place as soon as I can.
I decided against moving to spain for now. Im determined to make a good life for myself. England is my home and I want a good life here. Im not giving up.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: why did we do it? conclusion

Originally Posted by karyncake
I recently wrote a post "why did we do it" and thought I'd update it. I didnt want to put anyone off moving back to the UK. The main reason I came back was to be near my family after my sister died. Ive only been back about 8 months and am impatient about starting over again. Like I said earlier, I cant afford to pay the fees and go back to college so my choice of job is limited as I spent most of my time in NY working as a waiter and dont want to do the same over here. I decided to do voluntary work in my spare time and build up my skills that way, also not having my cats here motivates me into buying my own place as soon as I can.
I decided against moving to spain for now. Im determined to make a good life for myself. England is my home and I want a good life here. Im not giving up.
good for you, tons of good luck....keep positive eh... hope your cats join you soon
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

lots of places advertising courses etc, learn direct etc, have you tried these. money needed i know but as you had the courage and determination to move to NY there will be opportunities here for you to further yourself.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Good for you. Keep slogging on at this and it will all work out in the end.

Like you say, the UK is your home and it will always be.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:11 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Good for you. Keep slogging on at this and it will all work out in the end.

Like you say, the UK is your home and it will always be.
I second that and thanks for giving us your update. I am so very sorry to hear about your sister, my heart goes out to you and your family. Your emotions must be all over the place and I think your family will appreciate you being there with them at this time. I do hope you get what you're looking for. The very best of luck to you. I am an animal lover and have just one cat at the mo', so I know how it must feel to be without your beloved pets too. Here's hoping you get them home with you soon.

Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and well done for actually making the move, Im sure things wil work out for you.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 4:56 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Good luck Karyncake, I hope things work out for you here. It's everyone's hope on here that they relocate and find happiness. It doesn't always work that way and I think you have made a brave decision to stay here and try and make your life better. If only we had been 'brave' enough to do the same! People say we were 'brave' to make the move.......boy do we think differently!

Wishing you all the best and good on you!

Sparkle

Missing our cat more as each day goes by......three months left before she's with us.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought of maybe getting into sales, you must be outgoing to do waitering anyway. Often they give you in house training, a salary, sometimes company car, plus bonuses. My cousin years ago was working as a shop assistant in a wine shop, and got the sack for something. He went and worked for an up and coming computer company and he hadn't a clue about them. 12 years later after working his way to Sales Director, some of his bonus was shares in the company. When the company went public he was worth a few million. He left the company and now lives in France doing what he really want to do. So if he can do it, so can you.