Where to start

Old Mar 17th 2019, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future
Default Where to start

hi

so it’s looking increasingly likely that we will move back this summer with me traveling a few months before hubby and child. It’s all seeming like rather an enormous task so I have questions, so many questions. Is there a step-by-step wiki-type page about the whole process or is it easier just to ask a (likely very) long list of separate questions please? Some of these are how we deal with me traveling before rest of family, can I take the cats at that time, what about our goods to follow with my hubby once we’ve sold the house and school is out? Sorry it’s all a bit vague but I guess I need to start somewhere? Links to website etc with info would be much appreciated if it’s easier!
Old Mar 17th 2019, 7:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to start

Are you all UK citizens or does anybody need a visa?
Old Mar 17th 2019, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Is your husband a British citizen?
Old Mar 17th 2019, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RKS_in_Calgary
hi

so it’s looking increasingly likely that we will move back this summer with me traveling a few months before hubby and child. It’s all seeming like rather an enormous task so I have questions, so many questions. Is there a step-by-step wiki-type page about the whole process or is it easier just to ask a (likely very) long list of separate questions please? Some of these are how we deal with me traveling before rest of family, can I take the cats at that time, what about our goods to follow with my hubby once we’ve sold the house and school is out? Sorry it’s all a bit vague but I guess I need to start somewhere? Links to website etc with info would be much appreciated if it’s easier!
I did the very same thing but from Australia although we had already sold our home my husband still had some months on his work contract (so he had to stay in Australia) I came home, arranged for a rental and our baby girl (our dog lol) followed a couple of weeks later, I bought a car...and other essentials, I looked back now and think.."how did I do all of that" lol but you just have to get on with it...if anything..not much fazes me nowadays and that would of amazed me a few years ago. Make sure you all have visas (if required) somewhere to stay when you first arrive (I stayed with my dad), I then arranged a rental.
It might seem daunting but you will receive great help from this site. Good luck
Old Mar 17th 2019, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future

We are all British citizens
Old Mar 17th 2019, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all. Yes, we are all British citizens so no problem from that side. We got loads of great help and support from this site when we moved to Canada back in 2010 so I know it’s a great resource. Guess I was feeling a bit overwhelmed as the reality of the move is getting very real now and I know we’ll be fine, just need to get stuck in! Happy St. Patrick’s day to all
Old Mar 17th 2019, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Elnino05 is an unknown quantity at this point

You will be fine eventually so far that’s what you really want. The reality can be overwhelming. I see the house sale as most important. If that’s off the list. Take every other thing as a step at a time. All the best! Lots of others to follow soon!
Old Mar 18th 2019, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elnino05
You will be fine eventually so far that’s what you really want. The reality can be overwhelming. I see the house sale as most important. If that’s off the list. Take every other thing as a step at a time. All the best! Lots of others to follow soon!
thanks Elnino05. Lots of lists to make but house sale is definitely high on the agenda.