When did you know...

Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bromleygirl
Found this BBC news story that I thought would interest everyone. It appears that Oz wants us Brits to move there even more so. They claim in the article that the Ozzies love the Brits, houses are cheap and jobs are well paid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3853597.stm
Best joke I've read all week

But this Oz really does exist along with:

- the yellow brick road

- the munchkins

- Toto the dog (aka John Howard)

- and Dorothy (aka wombat42)

Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:12 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by MikeStanton

- the yellow brick road

- the munchkins

The sad thing though is some people believe that story, even though it's from Aussie government ministers ( with everything to gain) lol and people in the UK who have not stepped foot here. I saw that link somewhere in the Aus forum too.. and I laughed then.. but I didn't comment, - best left alone.
It's amazing what people want to believe, and even convince themselves to believe.

each to their own
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:18 am
wombat42

Originally posted by MikeStanton

- the yellow brick road

- the munchkins

Mike Stanton, l thought you should be 'Dorothy' after all was'nt she a bit like a whinging pom, she never liked OZ and was always complaining' there is no place like home' and in the end she escapes OZ, back to her homeland.

Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:00 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by wombat42
Mike Stanton, l thought you should be 'Dorothy' after all was'nt she a bit like a whinging pom, she never liked OZ and was always complaining' there is no place like home' and in the end she escapes OZ, back to her homeland.
And killed the wicked witch for the Oz folk who could not kill her themselves because they were incapable or perhaps they just liked being ruled and it didn't bother them, maybe because they could not see past their own bubble .. and then Dorothy lived happily ever after in her homeland. having freed these people .. with her her fluffy rat called toto ( oh it's a dog.. sorry).
Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:19 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

What a lot of silly singing sausages. Cheap houses - cheap as mud:

What are you going to do with "good wages" anyway?
Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:24 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Look even a woman can do it:

At a time when the average house price in Melbourne has hit $313,000, one young woman has built herself a mudbrick home in the city for $20,000.

Bloody Poms - useless, hopeless!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:52 am
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about

LOL.

One interesting point here is that Adelaide is actually included within the SA scheme - in fact the whole of SA is included so if people really want to go and are short on the criteria this is something to look at and still end up living in one of the main cities.

You can after all buy a 5 bed 3 bath home with pool with an acre of land on the beach at Glenelg for the price of a 2 bed ex-council house in any northern uk city. Unemployment may be a touch higher but think of the opportunities.

[]QUOTE]Originally posted by bromleygirl
Found this BBC news story that I thought would interest everyone. It appears that Oz wants us Brits to move there even more so. They claim in the article that the Ozzies love the Brits, houses are cheap and jobs are well paid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3853597.stm [/QUOTE]
Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:45 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

It appears that Oz wants us Brits to move there even more so. They claim in the article that the Ozzies love the Brits, houses are cheap and jobs are well paid.

MMMmmmmm???

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

I thought you'd enjoy that news article Mike.

So who here thinks that the OZ government should be sued for false advertising??
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:37 am
Banned

I thought you'd enjoy that news article Mike.

So who here thinks that the OZ government should be sued for false advertising??
Well, the Gubberment never asked me if I like Poms so they must be fair game.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 3:40 am
wombat42

Adelaide is a nice place to live, nice beaches, nice climate, surrounded by attractive hills, looks a bit like L.A with a much smaller population. However l would'nt want to live in regional
South Australia, its mainly desert wasteland with few jobs.

Last edited by wombat42; Jul 2nd 2004 at 3:46 am.

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:42 am
Banned

Originally posted by wombat42
However l would'nt want to live in regional
South Australia, its mainly desert wasteland with few jobs.
Barossa - plenty plonk.

Olympic Dam - much mining.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Barossa - plenty plonk.
and Mclaren Vale, Clare Valley, Eden Valley, Limestone Coast, Coonawarra........
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

It took Donna approx. 1 week !! It took me about 6 months to realise she was not happy. DOH.

We did 8 months and the best thing we did was to come back. Things have got better and better.

Although had we not gone, the improvments in our life here would not have happened. So I guess everything happens for a reason.