Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What are you looking forward to?

What are you looking forward to?

Old Mar 31st 2013, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice
Default Re: What are you looking forward to?

Originally Posted by Montfan72
A country walk in a wild gale. I realize that sounds mad but I love that kind of weather and the energy in the air when it's really windy. It's too still here for my liking.
I prefer gale force winds while walking along the beach, the coastal air really blows the cobwebs away and makes my cheeks all rosy (probably not the best look on a 50+ year old though! )
Old Mar 31st 2013, 11:57 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Montfan72
A country walk in a wild gale. I realize that sounds mad but I love that kind of weather and the energy in the air when it's really windy. It's too still here for my liking.
I also love the feeling of energy in the air when its windy. I don't know about taking big walks in a gale but stretching out your arms, closing your eyes and inhaling with a cool wind in your face is one of life's pleasures.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 3:48 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ElizabethK
I prefer gale force winds while walking along the beach, the coastal air really blows the cobwebs away and makes my cheeks all rosy (probably not the best look on a 50+ year old though! )
I agree, but it doesn't stop us doing it does it? I find I am more energised when its cooler and windy...as though nature were giving me a boost. Simply wonderful
Old Apr 1st 2013, 4:19 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethK
Love it.
We used to go to the top of the hill when it was windy, and unzip our anoracks, hold the bottoms of the zips in our hands like wings and lean into the wind, it would hold us up when it was strong, we would be screaming and laughing it was so much fun.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Yes do! That stuff is poison and I really worry when I see people drinking it. This will be your chance to switch to something that won't rot your insides or give you cancer I like soda water with a splash of OJ and luckily they sell soda water over here now.

All these lists are great and remind me (as if I needed it) of how lucky I am to be here. May you all get here sooner rather than later so that you can start enjoying everything you miss!
I went to a international food supermarket, in Las Vegas, this morning and I was reading the labels. Most of the British foods seem to come from Ireland? I looked at the soda pop and the good thing is they use sugar and not the corn syrup junk that we get in America. I don't understand why the British pops use scarin besides sugar or some other junk for sweetening .
I note what you say about the ingredients in the processed foods. Agreed.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 4:30 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Love it.
We used to go to the top of the hill when it was windy, and unzip our anoracks, hold the bottoms of the zips in our hands like wings and lean into the wind, it would hold us up when it was strong, we would be screaming and laughing it was so much fun.
Well when you get back to the UK and do that again......can you get someone to take a photo ??????
Old Apr 1st 2013, 8:07 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
I went to a international food supermarket, in Las Vegas, this morning and I was reading the labels. Most of the British foods seem to come from Ireland? I looked at the soda pop and the good thing is they use sugar and not the corn syrup junk that we get in America. I don't understand why the British pops use scarin besides sugar or some other junk for sweetening .
I note what you say about the ingredients in the processed foods. Agreed.
Problem is that sugar is every bit as bad for you as corn syrup. I'm trying my best to cut it out but it's a battle for me as I do love sweets and desserts.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 4:24 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Problem is that sugar is every bit as bad for you as corn syrup. I'm trying my best to cut it out but it's a battle for me as I do love sweets and desserts.
I'm with you there, although I do have my moments when I can take them or leave them..lol. At least you're in a gorgeous part of the world and you can treat yourself to a cake or something definitely not healthy and then go for a long walk to work it off before the sugar gets into the system.. LOL. That's my logic for you !
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking forward to trying SOME of these crisps, although haggis flavour does not tempt me

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglopheni...ritish-crisps/
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:35 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
I am looking forward to trying SOME of these crisps, although haggis flavour does not tempt me

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglopheni...ritish-crisps/
I know.. I just saw that on Facebook..lol. Some of the others sounds pretty yummy though...like the smokey bacon and roast potato.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I know.. I just saw that on Facebook..lol. Some of the others sounds pretty yummy though...like the smokey bacon and roast potato.
Or how about the Chardonnay wine vinegar?! We could have that with a glass of
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 8:19 am
Yorkshire Lass

Or how about the Chardonnay wine vinegar?! We could have that with a glass of
Now you're talking..lol. Hmmm without the I wonder if we would get done for drink driving? I swear officer... I've only been eating crisps.. lol
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Now you're talking..lol. Hmmm without the I wonder if we would get done for drink driving? I swear officer... I've only been eating crisps.. lol
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Did you watch the Miranda Hart documentary on Eric Morecambe that Smitten also referenced? Watching it now. Starts with a nice shot of his statue. They were undoubtedly my favs growing up.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 11:26 am
Yorkshire Lass

Did you watch the Miranda Hart documentary on Eric Morecambe that Smitten also referenced? Watching it now. Starts with a nice shot of his statue. They were undoubtedly my favs growing up.
My favorite episode of M&W was the breakfast scene.. OMG I would ROAR with laughter ! I saw it on You Tube the other day and roared with laughter all over again - it never gets old ! Oh, sorry - to answer your question YES ! LOL

My favs growing up were M&W, The Kenny Everett Show, The Goodies, Thunderbirds, It Ain't Half Hot , Auf Wiedersehn Pet, Are you being servied, The Good Life, To the manor born. Gosh I could go on and on..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.