Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What are you looking forward to?

What are you looking forward to?

Old Mar 27th 2013, 10:57 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you looking forward to?

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I'm also looking forward to going into a 'real' butchers and getting fresh meat instead of packaged stuff. The one thing I'm not looking forward to (and this is after checking out Tesco and Sainsburys) is the cost of Diet Coke. It's a whopping £10 for a 24pk of cans, compared to the $7 I'm paying right now. Guess I have to start drinking something else....LOL
Yes do! That stuff is poison and I really worry when I see people drinking it. This will be your chance to switch to something that won't rot your insides or give you cancer I like soda water with a splash of OJ and luckily they sell soda water over here now.

All these lists are great and remind me (as if I needed it) of how lucky I am to be here. May you all get here sooner rather than later so that you can start enjoying everything you miss!
Old Mar 29th 2013, 2:08 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Yes do! That stuff is poison and I really worry when I see people drinking it. This will be your chance to switch to something that won't rot your insides or give you cancer I like soda water with a splash of OJ and luckily they sell soda water over here now.

All these lists are great and remind me (as if I needed it) of how lucky I am to be here. May you all get here sooner rather than later so that you can start enjoying everything you miss!
Old Mar 29th 2013, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
The unique smell of Belfast when I step off the plane. For someone who didn't grow up there....you wouldn't understand. It's unique and wonderful and soothes my soul...
Old Mar 30th 2013, 2:16 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
The unique smell of Belfast when I step off the plane. For someone who didn't grow up there....you wouldn't understand. It's unique and wonderful and soothes my soul...
I've only been to there once so I can't say as I know the unique smell of Belfast but I know what you mean about the smell. I do love the smell of England first thing in the morning.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 4:42 pm

I can't wait to be able to walk into a shop and buy a good bar of chocolate whenever I want and then eat the whole thing knowing I can buy some more the next day.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 12:22 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
I can't wait to be able to walk into a shop and buy a good bar of chocolate whenever I want and then eat the whole thing knowing I can buy some more the next day.
Best post EVER! LOL

Last edited by Lorry1; Mar 31st 2013 at 12:24 am.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 3:28 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Two slices of toast made with Warbies bread, smothered in Lurpak LOL
Old Mar 31st 2013, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What are you looking forward to?

I am looking forward to Happiness in 2013

Karim
Old Mar 31st 2013, 8:12 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by victorian67

Karim
Old Mar 31st 2013, 8:27 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by victorian67

Karim
Old Mar 31st 2013, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

Two slices of toast made with Warbies bread, smothered in Lurpak LOL

Same here with the thick toast except change Lurpak to Anchor butter
Old Mar 31st 2013, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

A country walk in a wild gale. I realize that sounds mad but I love that kind of weather and the energy in the air when it's really windy. It's too still here for my liking.

Last edited by Karrie72; Mar 31st 2013 at 1:34 pm. Reason: Spelling mess up.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 1:35 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by ElizabethK
Same here with the thick toast except change Lurpak to Anchor butter
Never tried the Anchor but seen the ads on ITV lol. Is it creamy?
Old Mar 31st 2013, 1:37 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Montfan72
A country walk in a wild gale. I realize that sounds mad but I love that kind of weather and the energy in the air when it's really windy. It's too still here for my liking.
Oh definitely that's why I'm looking forward to getting back before the weather changes too much
Old Mar 31st 2013, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

Never tried the Anchor but seen the ads on ITV lol. Is it creamy?
It's deliciously salty, maybe not as creamy as Lurpak but I love the saltiness especially when it mixes with Golden Shred marmalade on the hot toast. Oh and if the toast is blackened and charred then it's even better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.