Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What would you do if you were in the UK today?

What would you do if you were in the UK today?

Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:28 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you do if you were in the UK today?

Originally Posted by gedge
can't relate to that being a good experience, probably the blokey side of me repels any thoughts of shopping
i'd wrap up warm and head out in to the hills for some great walking, probably ending up at a country pub with a friendly atmosphere for a pint beside the fire
I was using good old British sarcasm mate - have you been in Oz too long??

Think the country pub seems to be a clear winner so far. How nice would it be to have a drink somewhere that didn't have a pokey machine and resemble some bloke's garage?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:43 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by emmahafryn
I was using good old British sarcasm mate - have you been in Oz too long??

Think the country pub seems to be a clear winner so far. How nice would it be to have a drink somewhere that didn't have a pokey machine and resemble some bloke's garage?
yeah i realised that too late, but clarity is something i'm working on
too long on this forum perhaps

i'd buy you a drink and we could put some of the world to rights
Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:46 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Why did you stop being a Moderator? who took your place?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
i gave up caring
Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:48 am

no replacement afaik, did you want me to put a word in for you?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

did you want me to put a word in for you?
No way!!!! i don't know how you guys do it. If only you got payed
Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:51 am

No way!!!! i don't know how you guys do it. If only you got payed
no, i don't know how they do it either hence my retirement
Old Nov 29th 2007, 1:54 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Now that sounds like a top plan
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

no, i don't know how they do it either hence my retirement
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:27 am
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

Sit with the central heating on and my back against the radiator!!!!

It's a lovely 32C outside, but some blasted idiot inside's decided 'Duh.... Queensland's not supposed to be hot!' and has turned the aircon on to 18C. Which is rather bloody cold when you're dressed for 32C.

And I refuse to be taking a jumper to work with me in an Australian summer. Never never never never!

Actually, one of my Australian colleagues told me the other day that a few of her English friends had said they'd never been so cold in their lives as when they'd lived here. Lack of central heating, overcoats and too much air con results in the sniffles right over Christmas. *sniff*

How I long for a radiator, a bath and a towel~~
Old Dec 8th 2007, 12:40 am
Just Joined

antler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant futureantler has a brilliant future

Christmas is not my favorite time to visit, I like to go in June, the pork pie shop straight away. sadly I enjoy fish and chips in Canada, best, usually owned by expats. Chester, all of it and Warwick Castle I visit always, I bring a grandkid or two with me when I go. 2, 17 year olds June 2008. Blackpool for them.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 7:15 am
Just Joined

WileECoyote is a name known to allWileECoyote is a name known to allWileECoyote is a name known to allWileECoyote is a name known to allWileECoyote is a name known to allWileECoyote is a name known to allWileECoyote is a name known to allWileECoyote is a name known to allWileECoyote is a name known to allWileECoyote is a name known to allWileECoyote is a name known to all

My first stop would be Cornwall to see my grandkids . They are the ones that I find it hardest to be apart from along with my daughters. Then up to Fowey and take the foot ferry over to Polruan where I used to live. I keep hoping that some day I will get back there to live. A hard decision as I have such a good life here in the US.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:13 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TsukinoDeynatsu
Sit with the central heating on and my back against the radiator!!!!

It's a lovely 32C outside, but some blasted idiot inside's decided 'Duh.... Queensland's not supposed to be hot!' and has turned the aircon on to 18C. Which is rather bloody cold when you're dressed for 32C.

And I refuse to be taking a jumper to work with me in an Australian summer. Never never never never!

Actually, one of my Australian colleagues told me the other day that a few of her English friends had said they'd never been so cold in their lives as when they'd lived here. Lack of central heating, overcoats and too much air con results in the sniffles right over Christmas. *sniff*

How I long for a radiator, a bath and a towel~~
They don't have towels in Oz? Do you air dry?
Old Dec 10th 2007, 2:13 am
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dunroving
They don't have towels in Oz? Do you air dry?
Not in public
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:18 am
Just Joined

mek14 is on a distinguished road

Id go for some fish'n'chips and i would go to my ex-local pub to watch the footie and have a drink!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.