Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What would you do if you were in the UK today?

What would you do if you were in the UK today?

Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:35 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute
Default What would you do if you were in the UK today?

Come on folks, I need some ideas.

What would be the one thing you'd do/first place you'd go if you were home?

Personally I can't wait to go to Sainsburys but that's just because I am very sad

I don't want to miss anything so if you have any suggestions on how to spend a Dec day in Blighty - let's have it!

Em
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you do if you were in the UK today?

Originally Posted by emmahafryn

Personally I can't wait to go to Sainsburys but that's just because I am very sad

I don't want to miss anything so if you have any suggestions on how to spend a Dec day in Blighty - let's have it!

Em
Hi Em

After I dropped my kids off at my mum and dad's place, I'd find a little pub with an open fire and enjoy a decent pint of Guiness and a packet of crisps Heres to simple pleasures
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 'popping' back with the kids for 9 days in Feb. As soon as practical, without looking too rude or desperate, I'm dumping the girls with nanny and grandad and I'm off for an afternoon round M&S in Kingston.
Yep - sad - I admit it.
That might be swiftly followed by an evening devouring a curry in a good restaurant.
Anything else is in a poor third or fourth place - I just need a fix !
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:03 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by emmahafryn

Em
I'd be like a mad dog let loose in Leeds shopping

Then i would go out in my new clothes every weekend dancing and drinking til i drop

Then i would get a curry from the best curry restaurant in town!

Then i think i would buy a house
Old Nov 21st 2007, 1:25 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

I went back to the Uk for 6 days 2 weeks ago....I still got up early over there as I now do here and sat there for 3 hours waiting for my hosts to get up switch off the heating that had been on all night and open the curtains at 9am when the Uk finally seems to start! I found it dull, grey and miserable...oh and cold! It was great to catch up with family and friends but did notice that most were sneezing, sniffing or comoletly snotty (children) I must say I am glad to leave that whole miserable life behind me and enjoy my 'new' life...healthy, happy and outdoorsy!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:05 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Go out for a Chicken Madras with my family.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:10 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shortlets
I found it dull, grey and miserable...oh and cold!
It's November - were you expecting 12 hours of sunshine a day and a hosepipe ban ??
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

I would do a number of things and it would take more than a day. I would go and get a lovely pork pie from the shop. Go to the match (pretend its Saturday) find a nice pub afterwards where I could have a lovely pint and read lots of the good old English newspapers. Plan a trip and overnight stay to Chester and York. Take a drive to the nearest countryside and have a ploughman's lunch in the local pub. I could go on and on but I'm making myself sad now.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:36 am
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go to a small town high street and walk up and down, popping into the shops along the way. Savor the smells, sights, sounds . . .

Sarah
Old Nov 21st 2007, 2:38 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
It's November - were you expecting 12 hours of sunshine a day and a hosepipe ban ??
12 hours sunshine......what in the UK?.....let me know when thats due and I might book a summer holiday! Yeah the hosepipe ban is still in force!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:43 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went back to the Uk for 6 days 2 weeks ago....I still got up early over there as I now do here and sat there for 3 hours waiting for my hosts to get up switch off the heating that had been on all night and open the curtains at 9am when the Uk finally seems to start! I found it dull, grey and miserable...oh and cold! It was great to catch up with family and friends but did notice that most were sneezing, sniffing or comoletly snotty (children) I must say I am glad to leave that whole miserable life behind me and enjoy my 'new' life...healthy, happy and outdoorsy!
yeh the uk starts and 9am and oz closes at 9pm!

take it you wont be going back anytime soon then?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:14 am
Enjoying the good life!

Originally Posted by kez81
yeh the uk starts and 9am and oz closes at 9pm!

take it you wont be going back anytime soon then?
No! no plans anytime soon....and I much prefer to get up early and have a leisurely morning before school/work and enjoy it being a bit cooler and to go to bed early. In the Uk we just used to flop out in front of the tv for the evening till bedtime, now we dont watch tv hardly at all...we are up and about 5.30am and out doing washing, walking the dogs etc...much better lifestyle as we are more active.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:52 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

No! no plans anytime soon....and I much prefer to get up early and have a leisurely morning before school/work and enjoy it being a bit cooler and to go to bed early. In the Uk we just used to flop out in front of the tv for the evening till bedtime, now we dont watch tv hardly at all...we are up and about 5.30am and out doing washing, walking the dogs etc...much better lifestyle as we are more active.
You probably don't watch TV as it's absolutely crap here.

As for washing at 5.30am deary me!
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:26 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
You probably don't watch TV as it's absolutely crap here.

As for washing at 5.30am deary me!
Even I don't do that
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:45 am

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Chuck all the whinging colonials out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.