For what reasons?!

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: For what reasons?!

Originally Posted by Wendy
Bradford.

It's really dire mate We did try to re-locate ourselves within the UK a few years back, but we really couldn't afford it. I wanted to live in Cornwall, but the jobs didn't pay enough for us to be able to manage it
Thanks for that Wendy !!!!! I have only been there once many years ago while on holidays, so now I understand when you say it's dire !!!!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
there is a posh end of Bradford

Erm...not really

Some parts are OK, like Bingley, Shipley erm can't think of any more

Where I was though was awful, we lived at the edge of an estate and they'd be burnt out cars all over, there were lots of drug pushers, break ins. Some of the people were really lovely, but then you'd get some with 6 kids all running round with bare feet and arses, cars with no wheels parked in the garden, that sort of thing.

Bradford town center was mostly derelict. Shops were rubbish unless you like shoes, mobile phones or hardware! They were just starting to plough some cash into it, but it'll be 10 years before it's anything like I bet.

We didn't have any trouble except for when we lived in Thornton, which is supposed to be posh. I actually preferred the people in the estate though

Australia's not perfect and there are some area's just the same here, but hopefully we'll be OK.

I'm just enjoying being with my family here for now, it's great getting to know them after all these years.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Thanks for that Wendy !!!!! I have only been there once many years ago while on holidays, so now I understand when you say it's dire !!!!!!

Did someone pay you to holiday there
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Did someone pay you to holiday there
he he, no we where just passing through, that was enough, could not wait to get out of it.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

I enjoy my own company so thats why, being around loads of people scares me and I am much happier sat at home reading a book.
That's fair enough. Has for people moving to so called woop woop after having facilities, City is the title used for this place and it most certainly aint that
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Yes the public transport is terrible here, making it hard for anyone wishing to travel, especially the kids. Maybe thats why the parents don't let them go out, how do they get home from wherever they want to go?

The area i lived in the UK was a small village with a close knit community. No asbo's there. It was a great village and friendly. I knew everyone.
So it does seem to depend on the area you lived in as to what you think of OZ.
I thought Perth would have had a good transport system, again city I would expect it. Where I live there is a lot of cars on the road that to be honest would be taken off the road in the UK . Is it the same there?

I too lived in a village,it certainly had character just walking down the street was enough.So I suppose that where you live is a major factor, including oz.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:54 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blowfly
Where I live there is a lot of cars on the road that to be honest would be taken off the road in the UK .
Interesting that.. when we put the car through the Oz equivalent of the MOT it seemed to consist of the bloke doing it nipping down the shop to buy some fags using our car and not much else....
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:55 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Interesting that.. when we put the car through the Oz equivalent of the MOT it seemed to consist of the bloke doing it nipping down the shop to buy some fags using our car and not much else....
they don't even have one of those in WA. Any deathtrap can be on the roads.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:58 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blowfly
I thought Perth would have had a good transport system, again city I would expect it. Where I live there is a lot of cars on the road that to be honest would be taken off the road in the UK . Is it the same there?

I too lived in a village,it certainly had character just walking down the street was enough.So I suppose that where you live is a major factor, including oz.
There just isn't enough transport to get you from A to B...or from suburb to suburb. There needs to be an improvement on this as Perth is expanding and people need to get to places.
But talking to one of our Aussie friends they said public transport has always been a problem here, it needs to improve. Hopefully it will.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:59 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that is bad... I wonder how much that contributes to the relatively high death rates on Oz roads?
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
That's interesting, I wonder if anyone as thought that the road toll (accidents) may have something to do with that
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paulrachel
There just isn't enough transport to get you from A to B...or from suburb to suburb. There needs to be an improvement on this as Perth is expanding and people need to get to places.
But talking to one of our Aussie friends they said public transport has always been a problem here, it needs to improve. Hopefully it will.
I have a friend that grew up here and she said it was much better years ago when the council had it.It went private and truly it is bad, people even text letters to the news paper about it. I was told it was because the service was run from London, to be honest I thought b*****s. I found that it was run from Belguim. So it has got to be about money.The backbackers pass this place by for Cairns and who can blame them.Very short sited of the council though.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In SA, it's the drivers responsibility to make sure that the car is roadworthy. Is that not the case there That's scary (where's my smilie gone!!)

We had to have a service before xmas for the warranty, cost us $1600 (still need the scared smilie)
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:10 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

In SA, it's the drivers responsibility to make sure that the car is roadworthy. Is that not the case there That's scary (where's my smilie gone!!)

We had to have a service before xmas for the warranty, cost us $1600 (still need the scared smilie)
no, nothing. We get ours serviced regularly at a Mazda dealers while it is still under warranty but its not a legal obligation.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

no, nothing. We get ours serviced regularly at a Mazda dealers while it is still under warranty but its not a legal obligation.

Wow.

They do periodic checks here, there's signs all over the place saying 'police are checking for roadworthy cars in this area' or 'police are checking for drink drivers in this area' etc

Although putting signs up sort of defeats the object of it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.