For what reasons?!

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of
Default Re: For what reasons?!

[QUOTE=sandrainaus;4308911]Unless the teenagers are into sport then there is nothing more for them here to do than in the uk.

QUOTE]

As someone who came here at 16, trust me that is so true. Actually, I'd say there's far LESS to do unless you're into sport (which I wasn't and am not now).
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:40 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=THEGREATIDIOT;4314299]
Originally Posted by sandrainaus
Unless the teenagers are into sport then there is nothing more for them here to do than in the uk.

QUOTE]

As someone who came here at 16, trust me that is so true. Actually, I'd say there's far LESS to do unless you're into sport (which I wasn't and am not now).
I have teenagers in Perth, they are bored to death. There Aussie friends are bored to death.
While your children are young it is ok for them, but when they get older the problems begin.
If you like swimming and beaches, go for it....cause there's nothing much else to do round here.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

What were your teenagers doing in their spare time in England Rachel.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
What were your teenagers doing in their spare time in England Rachel.
They did plenty,,they had more friends there remember.
Also had there hobbies, football, rugby and daughter stage school
Yes they have tried it over here but not the same. Things are just too far away and travelling is a problem.
Take for instance today, daughter started college.....bus to train station, train to city, bus to college.
It costs money.
In Uk things were nearer. We were close to 3 major cities and transport so easy.
Also there Aussie friends are not allowed to do anything. Their parents don't let them go anywhere at all. I let my kids do allsorts, but on your own is abit boring innit!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:56 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
They did plenty,,they had more friends there remember.
Also had there hobbies, football, rugby and daughter stage school
Yes they have tried it over here but not the same. Things are just too far away and travelling is a problem.
Take for instance today, daughter started college.....bus to train station, train to city, bus to college.
It costs money.
In Uk things were nearer. We were close to 3 major cities and transport so easy.
Also there Aussie friends are not allowed to do anything. Their parents don't let them go anywhere at all. I let my kids do allsorts, but on your own is abit boring innit!
just wondered thats all.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:06 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

They did plenty,,they had more friends there remember.Also there Aussie friends are not allowed to do anything. Their parents don't let them go anywhere at all.
I wonder why this is? It really isn't healthy to stifle kids development, and teens need growing freedoms so they can learn to handle responsibilites.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:10 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
I wonder why this is? It really isn't healthy to stifle kids development, and teens need growing freedoms so they can learn to handle responsibilites.
friends parents probably saw Rachels daughter being brought home in a police car and her mother f'ing and blinding at the door
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
friends parents probably saw Rachels daughter being brought home in a police car and her mother f'ing and blinding at the door
Give over will you....they brought her in the house actually. My daughter knows no-one on our street. Only little kids where we are making it even duller for her. The police thing was not an issue, they have more important things to attend
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:16 am
Account Closed

The kids my daughter knows are not even allowed to the cinemas
Have i given my kids too much freedom i wonder. Shall i keep them locked up til they are 21?
They can't even wear make-up or nail varnish. What will that make them acheive in years to come.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:17 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be tempted to do some very thorough research about the cost of living, and particularly houseprices, in all the places you mention - but especially in Perth.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...1/s1819955.htm
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:29 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Have i given my kids too much freedom i wonder. Shall i keep them locked up til they are 21?
They can't even wear make-up or nail varnish. What will that make them acheive in years to come.
Could end up socially inept and unable to self manage; low self esteem, dependency, inability to hold down a job, relationship problems, self-absorbed, inability to make decisions, personality disorders, etc etc Not a positive outcome at all
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Could end up socially inept and unable to self manage; low self esteem, dependency, inability to hold down a job, relationship problems, self-absorbed, inability to make decisions, personality disorders, etc etc Not a positive outcome at all

That sounds like any normal teenager
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Kids in the Uk grow up quicker than Aussie kids, maybe it's because we live closer together have good public transport.My son is in the same situation he's 18 and the kids don't do anything?Is that the reason they all clear off to the UK and other places to live and work. I am not a kid and this place bores the pants of me. I don't think you gave them to much freedom ,it is just called living.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

I think that is why were I live all the young ones work in Maccas etc and they really have no idea ,social skills, service if their wrong how to communicate it. It is very noticable here any way.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 3:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by blowfly
Kids in the Uk grow up quicker than Aussie kids, maybe it's because we live closer together have good public transport.My son is in the same situation he's 18 and the kids don't do anything?Is that the reason they all clear off to the UK and other places to live and work. I am not a kid and this place bores the pants of me. I don't think you gave them to much freedom ,it is just called living.
In the village I come from the kids hang around the streets smoking and drinking terrorising the local residents because there is nothing to do in the village. We had a blanket ASBO that covered our village green meaning that no person aged 8-18 was allowed there after 8pm. Public transport ends at 7pm so if they want to go anywhere you have to drive them, very similar to here really for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.