What to do with car??

Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of
Default What to do with car??

When we came back to the uk we brought 2 cars with us...but we only using one...the second car is 10 years old and just before leaving Belgium I had new suspension springs and new break pats fitted...but I have not registered it here in the uk because it would cost to much to get it registered and new number plates..because I was planning to sell it for about 300 pound anyhow..
I still have it insured with my Belgium insurance and it was once registered in the uk about 10 years ago.
I have two problems..I don't know how to go about to sell the car and hubby thinks it is illegal to sell a car which is not registered in the uk...with which I'm not agreeing..
I'm already thinking to get the car scraped..but it would be such a shame...

Anybody knows what to do best??
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do with car??

Why not ring/take it, to a LHD car dealers. There is a demand for people who want them who are going to live in other parts of Europe. They make take it off your hands. I know I've seen some advertised which have said with French, Spanish plates etc. If you do a google they should come up. You may get 4or5 grand for it if it is in good condition.

Originally Posted by eurotramp
When we came back to the uk we brought 2 cars with us...but we only using one...the second car is 10 years old and just before leaving Belgium I had new suspension springs and new break pats fitted...but I have not registered it here in the uk because it would cost to much to get it registered and new number plates..because I was planning to sell it for about 300 pound anyhow..
I still have it insured with my Belgium insurance and it was once registered in the uk about 10 years ago.
I have two problems..I don't know how to go about to sell the car and hubby thinks it is illegal to sell a car which is not registered in the uk...with which I'm not agreeing..
I'm already thinking to get the car scraped..but it would be such a shame...

Anybody knows what to do best??
Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Mercedes ,
here a 10 yrs' old C-Class Mercedes 2l automatic airconditioned , 150 K km , accident-free , in as good as almost new condition can hardly get 4K Euros !
It'd need a buyer from out of EU , methinks : Byelorussia , Ukraine, Azebeijan , Turkey , Tunisia ...wherever , for a bunch of notes and a Good Bye ?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Its a right hand drive car....and I would be happy with £300 ...
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously a cheap Mercedes.... Seriously down in Spain second hand lh drive cars are expensive generally, certainly more than their rhd counterparts and they seem to hold their value. I've been looking in UK recently to take one back with me. Admittenly I was looking initially at lhd RAV 4x4 and estates...the former seem to be a bit like gold dust in finding,

Here's some links, which I looked at as well as some others.

http://www.lhdinessex.com/used_lhd.asp
http://www.autoc.homestead.com/Index.html
http://207.150.221.113/databas3/auto...S_FOR_SALE.htm

Originally Posted by Ray51
Mercedes ,
here a 10 yrs' old C-Class Mercedes 2l automatic airconditioned , 150 K km , accident-free , in as good as almost new condition can hardly get 4K Euros !
It'd need a buyer from out of EU , methinks : Byelorussia , Ukraine, Azebeijan , Turkey , Tunisia ...wherever , for a bunch of notes and a Good Bye ?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Its a right hand drive car....and I would be happy with £300 ...
What sort of car is it?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Why not ring/take it, to a LHD car dealers. There is a demand for people who want them who are going to live in other parts of Europe. They make take it off your hands. I know I've seen some advertised which have said with French, Spanish plates etc. If you do a google they should come up. You may get 4or5 grand for it if it is in good condition.
Interesting........

Any opinion on a US (LHD) 2005 VW Jetta?
Never considered taking it over to sell......
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gardnma
Interesting........

Any opinion on a US (LHD) 2005 VW Jetta?
Never considered taking it over to sell......
Not sure, Why not ask one of the dealers they should be able to tell you, now jetskis you may do well, they are so much cheaper in the US than Uk, and parts of Europe, again in Spain they are expensive. A friend of mine was going to bring some over with some cars and offered me a new one for a great price compared to what I would pay over this side. However the deal fell off, so didn't get one, but if you decide to bring them over, send me a pm I'm looking for one this summer. Also corvettes do well here in Spain as well. You might want to look at the Spanish market.

When my brother came back from the States he brought his Golf over, which again was cheaper to bring it back than sell it and rebuy one in the Uk.

Last edited by Mercedes; Jan 21st 2007 at 5:15 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

What sort of car is it?
Renault 19 ...one owner...

Maybe for somebody who needs a starter car back in the uk???

Last edited by eurotramp; Jan 21st 2007 at 6:14 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Renault 19 ...one owner...

Maybe for somebody who needs a starter car back in the uk???
Why not try the dealers who import cars from Europe, you never know, you may get lucky.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why not try the dealers who import cars from Europe, you never know, you may get lucky.
Why would they be interested in a right hand drive?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Why would they be interested in a right hand drive?
Some people buy them. Sometimes people float between two countries, it might suit someone to have a rhd with Belgium plates driving in UK when they go there.

On the Autotrader, depending on what engine it is, some are being advertised upto 1000 pounds for a 96 model.
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www...ch_full=SEARCH

I got this off the internet, so it shows that someone is buying them, even if you have to pop back to Belgium with it.

Used RIGHT-HAND-DRIVE bought for cash. POOL AUTOS, [email protected]

Unless you ask you don't know, and it may solve your problem.

Here's a link in London, they may be able to advise.

http://www.europemotors.co.uk/