Reload this Page >

What is the average wage in england per week

What is the average wage in england per week

Old Nov 21st 2011, 12:38 am
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the average wage in england per week

Originally Posted by Brigette
Being paid monthly is something I'm really going to have to get used to once I move to the UK. One of my least favorite things about moving home. I would however be interested in the percentage of taxes paid on your income
I find it easier to be paid monthly as nearly all bills are payable on a monthly basis so we budget based on monthly amounts.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 1:32 am
Account Closed

Apparantly the holiday pay for casual workers should be 12.05% extra.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Squirrel
I find it easier to be paid monthly as nearly all bills are payable on a monthly basis so we budget based on monthly amounts.
perhaps..but since I'm not use to it, it will probably take some getting use to. I still prefer the US every 2 weeks method of payment...

Last edited by Brigette; Nov 21st 2011 at 2:52 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

jbrown is just really nicejbrown is just really nicejbrown is just really nicejbrown is just really nicejbrown is just really nicejbrown is just really nicejbrown is just really nicejbrown is just really nice

perhaps..but since I'm not use to it, it probably take some getting use to. I still prefer the US every 2 weeks method of payment...
I also much prefer the biweekly payment. A month is a long time to wait
Old Nov 21st 2011, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jbrown
I also much prefer the biweekly payment. A month is a long time to wait
Indeed
Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:38 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps..but since I'm not use to it, it will probably take some getting use to. I still prefer the US every 2 weeks method of payment...
Do you get paid every 2 weeks, or twice a month? I used to get paid twice a month.

I think it feels nice to get paid twice (though of course it doesn't mean you get paid any more money!), and can be useful for people who find it difficult to manage their finances.

I like knowing I'll get paid at the end of every month - I use a personal finance package (Quicken), and just run all of my monthly bills as soon as I get my pay check (I don't actually pay the bills, but I deduct them from my bank balance so I know how much I have left to spend).
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dunroving
Do you get paid every 2 weeks, or twice a month? I used to get paid twice a month.

I think it feels nice to get paid twice (though of course it doesn't mean you get paid any more money!), and can be useful for people who find it difficult to manage their finances.

I like knowing I'll get paid at the end of every month - I use a personal finance package (Quicken), and just run all of my monthly bills as soon as I get my pay check (I don't actually pay the bills, but I deduct them from my bank balance so I know how much I have left to spend).
every two weeks... I love it when there is an extra pay period in the month Anyway I'm up for the adjustment, one of many that I will have to make.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 4:04 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit worried about getting used to the monthly pay all over again. Dh has now been in a job where they are paid weekly for the last few years, I didn't realize anywhere did that anymore.
But like Squirrel said, bills are monthly so It should be easier, pay them all as soon as the pay comes in then divide the rest so you know whats left for each week of the month. I'll let you know i it works in practice, (one day!)
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I'm a bit worried about getting used to the monthly pay all over again. Dh has now been in a job where they are paid weekly for the last few years, I didn't realize anywhere did that anymore.
But like Squirrel said, bills are monthly so It should be easier, pay them all as soon as the pay comes in then divide the rest so you know whats left for each week of the month. I'll let you know i it works in practice, (one day!)
Everyone where I work in the UK gets paid weekly. My utility bills (gas, electric, and water) are paid quarterly. If you get Freeview/Freesat you have no TV cable bills and the licence is paid annually.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 4:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by johnh009
Everyone where I work in the UK gets paid weekly. My utility bills (gas, electric, and water) are paid quarterly.
That's unusual to be paid weekly, except at a temp agency.

You are billed quarterly for some things but you can pay by direct debit monthly to make budgeting easier.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Squirrel
That's unusual to be paid weekly, except at a temp agency.

You are billed quarterly for some things but you can pay by direct debit monthly to make budgeting easier.
I work contract so that is probably why. I have made a spreadsheet with all of my outgoings on so I can work out a monthly average. All in all, I find that my cost of living in the UK is more or less what is was in Canada. Some things are cheaper, some are more expensive.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Everyone where I work in the UK gets paid weekly. My utility bills (gas, electric, and water) are paid quarterly. If you get Freeview/Freesat you have no TV cable bills and the licence is paid annually.
weekly? wow! At this point I'm prepared for anything...
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

weekly? wow! At this point I'm prepared for anything...
Well, here is one point of view on the cost of living. I would say that they have probably underestimated the council taxes but is £368 on mobile phone bills really necessary?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...uy-basics.html
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 10:49 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Well, here is one point of view on the cost of living. I would say that they have probably underestimated the council taxes but is £368 on mobile phone bills really necessary?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...uy-basics.html
Mine is about 10 quid a month!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Mine is about 10 quid a month!!!
I pay £21 a month for 900 mins to all geographical and mobile numbers except 0845/0870 or international.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.