We're here!!!

Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:45 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We're here!!!

Originally Posted by Twigstar
Did you have to pay anything at Heathrow or is that just when they have to go into quarentine?
Hi again, all, and thanks for the well-wishes!

In answer to this question, yah, the fee at Heathrow was £230, going up to £245 on April 1st.

In the last few days, I've seen wet snow (only for about 10 minutes and it didn't settle, but still....), developed a chest cold , dropped a can on my toe and thought I'd broken it , applied for a job at the local council, registered at my old GP's office, and seen my pup actually step into her harness rather than me wrestling her to get it on !!!! It's been the most surreal few days, and I still feel knackered. Watched loads of DVD's and really need a job, but it's still really good to be back! Oh, and my hair has not frizzed once since I've been back! Yaaaaaayyyyyy!!! Hehehehe.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 11:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Hi again, all, and thanks for the well-wishes!

In answer to this question, yah, the fee at Heathrow was £230, going up to £245 on April 1st.

In the last few days, I've seen wet snow (only for about 10 minutes and it didn't settle, but still....), developed a chest cold , dropped a can on my toe and thought I'd broken it , applied for a job at the local council, registered at my old GP's office, and seen my pup actually step into her harness rather than me wrestling her to get it on !!!! It's been the most surreal few days, and I still feel knackered. Watched loads of DVD's and really need a job, but it's still really good to be back! Oh, and my hair has not frizzed once since I've been back! Yaaaaaayyyyyy!!! Hehehehe.
Hiya Kate...you seem so happy to be back. Thank you for taking the time to update us. Good luck with the job search.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate,

So good to see you finally made it back. I sent you a personal message as well. Congrats on the flight (sorry about the turbulence).

Hopefully it's warmed up some - it's been amazing in the Midlands. I keep pinching myself. One or two freezing days when I was grateful for the big puffy coat and thermal boots, but other than that gorgeous blue skies. The frosty mornings are still lovely, but there are daffs everywhere. Absolutely heaven.

Watch out for Tesco's. I've fallen victim to real honest-to-goodness hot cross buns that I can actually toast (no icky icing on top - what was with that anyway?) and slather in real English butter! My trousers are a little tighter than they were when I first arrived - the Indian and fish and chips don't help either, and then there are hob nobs! Shoot. Hopefully it will pall soon and I can start losing weight again.

Good luck with the job, and enjoy your time with your Mum and family. It must be so nice to be with them again.

Tara
Old Mar 8th 2008, 2:10 pm
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you and the pup are home safe and sound. Keep us posted on how things are going. Nothing's boring!!!

Sarah
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Kate

So glad to hear you are back where you want to be. It is just disorientation and sleepiness that is knackering you and you will be fit as a fiddle in a few more days.

Hugs
Rete