Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

A week at home not making decision any easier!

Wikiposts

A week at home not making decision any easier!

Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:35 am
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A week at home not making decision any easier!

Originally Posted by irish_eyes
Hi there, i've been following your thread with great interest - not only about your dilema but your thought process and i'm amazed at how many of us there is out there that are going through the same thing! I'm really dying to hear what happens with you. For me as you may have picked up on another thread, i'm back home after only 7 months in nz. Its complicated cause I did live there when I was alot younger and without kids for 1 year (this I thought, warranted me to leave the 2nd time after only 7 months) (WRONG) For various reasons which there are 2 many to list I came home and totally regret it just days after landing. When i took a closer look at it all - the problem was not the country i'd left = it was me. I was and still am constantly looking for another adventure, a challenge, a better way of life etc.... Its takin its toll for sure and i really enjoy reading how you and others think - its such a hard call to make - i'm sure you'll make the right one! I'm about to move back to new zealand (3rd time lucky) but the one change i've made is i've sorted my mind out and i dont argue with my sub-consious mind anymore! I'm clear on what I need to do but no doubt i have many more mistakes to make - difference now is I'm learning from them! Keep in touch and I truly hope you find an answer to your question.
Hi there, and welcome to our little thread!!! The back and forth malarky is a nightmare isn't it? I think once we start the relocation bit we trigger a kind of wanderlust that doesn't end, for one reason or the other. In your particular situation, you can only hope that from each move, you've learnt something (which from what you're saying, you definitely have), and that will then go to make the next settlement easier. Either that, or you need to have a backpack permanently straped to your back to cover all options