We are back in the uk

Old Sep 25th 2003, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are back in the uk

Originally posted by sue5665
Hi,
We are HOME !!!
Well we made the decission to return to the uk, here is our story!

Our first visit to Australia was in 1990 when we first got married, we stayed for 3 months and toured around the cities, we feel in love with OZ.
We returned to the uk and had two children, hubby came again to oz to visit his brother who lives in Adelaide on his return he was excited and that got the ball rolling we applied with his brother sponcering us, we were granted our visa, at that time our children were 4 & 5, we put our house on the market e.t.c but huddys dad became very ill, so it was put off, Hubby went over with a mate (who met a ozzie girl and has since moved to Adelaide) to get his passport validated.
Life continued in the uk we had a house built, great jobs, great pay but always in the back of ours minds was Australia (more for my husband).
Anyway after hubbys father died we booked a trip for 1 month to Adelaide to stay with his brother, we took the kids and hubbys mother, had a great time and met up with the friend who he came over with, after staying with them listening to them, how wonderful everything was, we were hooked.
We returned to the uk and hubby sponcered me and the kids we were accepted and put everything up for sale.
November 2002 we got the chance for a all expensives paid trip to oz with channel 4 "A place in the sun" (hasn't be on TV yet), I had to get my visa validated so this was a good chance as we had not sold the house, so we left the kids for 2 weeks with mother-in-law and came to Coffs harbour which is a beautiful place.
Returned to the uk, house sold and arrived over here in March, hubby got a great paid job within 2 weeks, kids started school,
we were amazed of all the prices of thing, nobody told us about the little extras e.g stamp duty on cars e.t.c
Since getting here hubbys mate is returning to the uk (so much for all his praise).

Hubby and youngest son nearly drowned two weeks ago and this has put our views on what we want, and I dont want to die here, when we came over we said we would give it 5 years but what if we want to go back and our kids don't, little things do matter we can't point out things to our kid's like "that was where I went to school"e.t.c.
We drove to Adelaide arriving on 8th July, our eldest son was in a car accident, the car was a right off but he was only injured slightly, so this did it for us, we felt that this was a sign and oz is not ment to be for us.
We arrived back in the uk on 19th August and have bought a house that needs lots of work so this will keep us busy.

Good luck to everyone and we are glad we did go, so we can now get on with our life with out the what if's.

Sue

'A Place in the sun is due to be on soon'
Welcome back to the UK!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:53 pm
WBB

Hi Ace,

We were flown to oz for 14 days and only filmed for 3 days, I really enjoyed it but hubby got a bit cheesed off, it was a great experiance and you just don't realise what goes into a half an hour programme. We had to wear the same clothes for 3 days, they was a lot of hanging around and we would change clothes until we were needed. The new series has just started on channel 4 at 4pm every evening so keep a look out.

Sue

hi and im sorry it didnt work out for you, but at least you had the guts to try and more guts to come back.

Old Oct 16th 2003, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

tipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi sue uk

hi sue its me tipper i thought ide have a look at this 4rum again, we have lived in perth since march and i didnt know they had a return to the uk 4rum i got a job as a mechanic with k-mart in the first few weeks and in june i was test driving a customers car and a p plater run a stop sign and t-boned into the car i was road testing i was knocked out and they had 2 cut me out and i was in perth hospital 4 2 days. when they was cutting me out of the car i thought is this really happening 2 me just got here a new mortage round my neck scary time. im still not back 2 full time work yet i go in 4 hours on a monday wed and friday.
so weve found it hard 2 be positive and talk about going back 2 manchester alot but we will stick it out 4- 2 years and get ower citizenship and then we might go back so we will have at least 2 options.
hope u settle back in. i would like 2 live in cornwall around perranporth but my wife said dont start that again.
all the best
tipperoo xx
Old Oct 17th 2003, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough
Default Re: hi sue uk

Originally posted by tipper
hi sue its me tipper i thought ide have a look at this 4rum again, we have lived in perth since march and i didnt know they had a return to the uk 4rum i got a job as a mechanic with k-mart in the first few weeks and in june i was test driving a customers car and a p plater run a stop sign and t-boned into the car i was road testing i was knocked out and they had 2 cut me out and i was in perth hospital 4 2 days. when they was cutting me out of the car i thought is this really happening 2 me just got here a new mortage round my neck scary time. im still not back 2 full time work yet i go in 4 hours on a monday wed and friday.
so weve found it hard 2 be positive and talk about going back 2 manchester alot but we will stick it out 4- 2 years and get ower citizenship and then we might go back so we will have at least 2 options.
hope u settle back in. i would like 2 live in cornwall around perranporth but my wife said dont start that again.
all the best
tipperoo xx
What an awful experience for you so soon after arrival, hope you are on the mend now. I'm not surprised you've found it hard to stay positive.

We've been in Perth now for 16 months and only had a few minor set backs, all the normal emigration stress type stuff. Even though I've travelled alot, I had no idea how hard it would be to re-settle in another country, I often think about returning to England, like you we will be going for citizenship and then see how we feel.

All the very best to you.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 4:21 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hi sue uk

Dear tipper,

what an awful experience you have had. did you have family/friends out here to support you both. My hubby and I have been in Perth since August and still trying to get established. I am originally from Manchester myself.

We are not sure if WA is for us we are considering other areas/countries to travel or live. We might not even stay the two years it will depend a little on the work situation but I think if we don't see ourselves living here there isn't much point staying just to get citizenship.

Good luck with everything.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:01 am
Merlot

Hi,
Thanks for the replies, it is nice to hear that we are not the only ones who feel this way.
So far it is been great to be back, just walking around our town and seeing people, who we no and being able to have a chat, everybody has been very supported to us and like they say at least we did give it a go.

Sue
Going back through some old posts and wondering if you have an update of how you are getting along, would love to know.

Cheers
Merlot

Old Oct 10th 2004, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: We are back in the uk

Originally Posted by Merlot
Going back through some old posts and wondering if you have an update of how you are getting along, would love to know.

Cheers
Merlot

At last we have moved into our new place which we bought in Jan, we have been back for over a year now (how time flys), the place we bought needed a lot of work, which is nearly finished, we have added an extension, putting in 2 en-suites and we will try and do B&B as we are only 5 minutes from the Eden Project.
Both our boys have settled back into school, hubby has gone back to his old job.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sue5665
Hi,
We are HOME !!!

Our first visit to Australia was in 1990 when we first got married, we stayed for 3 months and toured around the cities, we feel in love with OZ.
We returned to the uk and had two children, hubby came again to oz to visit his brother who lives in Adelaide on his return he was excited and that got the ball rolling we applied with his brother sponcering us, we were granted our visa, at that time our children were 4 & 5, we put our house on the market e.t.c but huddys dad became very ill, so it was put off, Hubby went over with a mate (who met a ozzie girl and has since moved to Adelaide) to get his passport validated.
Life continued in the uk we had a house built, great jobs, great pay but always in the back of ours minds was Australia (more for my husband).
Anyway after hubbys father died we booked a trip for 1 month to Adelaide to stay with his brother, we took the kids and hubbys mother, had a great time and met up with the friend who he came over with, after staying with them listening to them, how wonderful everything was, we were hooked.
We returned to the uk and hubby sponcered me and the kids we were accepted and put everything up for sale.
November 2002 we got the chance for a all expensives paid trip to oz with channel 4 "A place in the sun" (hasn't be on TV yet), I had to get my visa validated so this was a good chance as we had not sold the house, so we left the kids for 2 weeks with mother-in-law and came to Coffs harbour which is a beautiful place.
Returned to the uk, house sold and arrived over here in March, hubby got a great paid job within 2 weeks, kids started school,
we were amazed of all the prices of thing, nobody told us about the little extras e.g stamp duty on cars e.t.c
Since getting here hubbys mate is returning to the uk (so much for all his praise).

Hubby and youngest son nearly drowned two weeks ago and this has put our views on what we want, and I dont want to die here, when we came over we said we would give it 5 years but what if we want to go back and our kids don't, little things do matter we can't point out things to our kid's like "that was where I went to school"e.t.c.
We drove to Adelaide arriving on 8th July, our eldest son was in a car accident, the car was a right off but he was only injured slightly, so this did it for us, we felt that this was a sign and oz is not ment to be for us.
We arrived back in the uk on 19th August and have bought a house that needs lots of work so this will keep us busy.

Good luck to everyone and we are glad we did go, so we can now get on with our life with out the what if's.

Sue

Just like to say, "Well Done!" On making the brave decision to go back home...
Australia has a lot of good points, but it also has a lot of bad points, which many people forget to add when they are relaying what a wonderful time they're having here...........
It's also a very good point you've made about "not wanting to die here.."
I know it may sound a bit morbid, but it certainly made me think!!!
GOOD LUCK!!!
keep in touch
kath n kim
Old Oct 12th 2004, 8:45 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

At last we have moved into our new place which we bought in Jan, we have been back for over a year now (how time flys), the place we bought needed a lot of work, which is nearly finished, we have added an extension, putting in 2 en-suites and we will try and do B&B as we are only 5 minutes from the Eden Project.
Both our boys have settled back into school, hubby has gone back to his old job.
Good to hear things are going well for you Sue

Susan
Old Oct 14th 2004, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: We are back in the uk

Originally Posted by heading downunder 2002
Good to hear things are going well for you Sue

Susan

Thanks for that. How are you doing? Any regrets?

Sue
Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:59 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Thanks for that. How are you doing? Any regrets?

Sue
We are doing really well, and no we have no regrets not one, how about you?

Susan
Old Oct 14th 2004, 7:04 pm
Desert spaces

Becs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud of

Hi there,

I just wanted to wish you a warm welcome back Although England doesn't quite feel like home to me personally yet, I genuinely like living here, and I'm always happy to return. There's a certain atmosphere and cohesiveness that you just don't get anywhere else in Europe or America, and let's face it, you can't beat British comedy

So sorry to hear about your sons' accidents..I hope they're recovering well.

Take care,

-Becs
Old Oct 20th 2004, 6:35 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue

Welcome back to lovely Blighty...we have been back about 4-5 weeks now and its just brilliant. Hope you continue to be happy here....all the best

Pants
Old Oct 20th 2004, 6:43 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
we felt that this was a sign and oz is not ment to be for us.
How stupid
Old Oct 21st 2004, 10:30 am
wombat42

Hi,
We are HOME !!!

Sue

Maybe the next time you come downunder you should consider taking swimming and driver safety lessons.

Last edited by wombat42; Oct 21st 2004 at 10:32 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.