Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Visa vignette in cancelled passport

Visa vignette in cancelled passport

Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa vignette in cancelled passport

If I renew my Australian passport in the UK, what happens about my spouse visa vignette in the cancelled passport? I'll need it to leave and re-enter the UK when I visit Australia - is it just a case of carrying my cancelled passport as well as the new one? Thanks.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa vignette in cancelled passport

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If I renew my Australian passport in the UK, what happens about my spouse visa vignette in the cancelled passport? I'll need it to leave and re-enter the UK when I visit Australia - is it just a case of carrying my cancelled passport as well as the new one? Thanks.
That is what normally happens when you obtain a new PP.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That is what normally happens when you obtain a new PP.
Thanks JG. I just checked the Australian High Commission page again, didn't realize I'd need to renew in person in London, and it's an extra 100 quid in fees. I think I'll just make sure I visit Oz again before my current passport's expiry date, and renew it there.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 10:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks JG. I just checked the Australian High Commission page again, didn't realize I'd need to renew in person in London, and it's an extra 100 quid in fees. I think I'll just make sure I visit Oz again before my current passport's expiry date, and renew it there.
The cost of getting a UK PP renewed from the US used to be outrageous. Now all renewals are sent to the UK.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 11:11 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The cost of getting a UK PP renewed from the US used to be outrageous. Now all renewals are sent to the UK.
And now they're all outrageous. ..... I think I just paid £76 (UK processing).

I got a new passport around 1993, it cost £20. Well actually, the passport office tore my cheque, and sent it back, apologising and saying they couldn't process it, please could I send a replacement. I sent them a cheque for £19.76, after deducting the cost of the stamp (I am from Yorkshire, you know ). The passport was issued without further ado.

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 22nd 2016 at 11:14 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 11:15 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Pulaski
And now they're all outrageous. ..... I think I just paid £76 (UK processing).

I got a new passport around 1993, it cost £20. Well actually, the passport office tore my cheque, and sent it back, apologising and saying they couldn't process it, please could I send a replacement. I sent them a cheque for £19.76, after deducting the cost of the stamp (I am from Yorkshire, you know ). The passport was issued without further ado.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 10:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Australian passports are now the second most expensive in the world and if you apply for one overseas they are the most expensive. Bear in mind that fees will increase again in January so if you may wish to bite the bullet now. When does your visa expire? When you renew it you'll need to apply for a Biometric Residence Permit which will do away with the need to carry your old passport.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 10:29 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Australian passports are now the second most expensive in the world and if you apply for one overseas they are the most expensive. Bear in mind that fees will increase again in January so if you may wish to bite the bullet now. When does your visa expire? When you renew it you'll need to apply for a Biometric Residence Permit which will do away with the need to carry your old passport.
Bloody Australian government, must think we're all loaded.

It doesn't expire until May 2017 BiP. I'm hoping to visit Oz well before then, but I'll keep the January fee increase in mind.

Re the BRP, I didn't realize I'd need a new one when I renewed my passport so thanks for that I hope I take a better photo, on my current one I look like a cross between Miss Piggy and my father.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 11:43 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody Australian government, must think we're all loaded.

It doesn't expire until May 2017 BiP. I'm hoping to visit Oz well before then, but I'll keep the January fee increase in mind.

Re the BRP, I didn't realize I'd need a new one when I renewed my passport so thanks for that I hope I take a better photo, on my current one I look like a cross between Miss Piggy and my father.
It'll be AU$274 come January.

You won't need a BRP until your current visa expires but something to bear in mind.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Britinparis

So which passport is the most exoensive ?
Old Aug 28th 2016, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by scot47
Britinparis

So which passport is the most exoensive ?
Turkish, weirdly.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...-a6742496.html
Old Aug 30th 2016, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond repute

$154 from US last year. But you're right, until the transfer back to UK processing it was outrageous through the consulates and later just embassy in Washington. Close to $300 as I recall.
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 1:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Richard8655
$154 from US last year. But you're right, until the transfer back to UK processing it was outrageous through the consulates and later just embassy in Washington. Close to $300 as I recall.
I can't remember...but whatever the cost a British PP is worth every penny.
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Richard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond reputeRichard8655 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember...but whatever the cost a British PP is worth every penny.
For sure. I shouldn't complain. Over on another thread, BritinParis indicates immigration for non-EU passport holders approaches £6000 in total.

Last edited by Richard8655; Sep 3rd 2016 at 1:09 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 1:52 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Richard8655
For sure. I shouldn't complain. Over on another thread, BritinParis indicates immigration for non-EU passport holders approaches £6000 in total.
Yes, that's how much I'll pay before I can get my British citizenship and passport. But I like it here, so it's worth it