Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

VAF 2 - Settlement visa question?? Financial?

VAF 2 - Settlement visa question?? Financial?

Old Jan 16th 2005, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

topgooser will become famous soon enough
Default VAF 2 - Settlement visa question?? Financial?

Hi folks,

I have also posted this in US marriage visa's section - not sure if it will be moved from there though!!

Me, Uk guy, is thinking of marrying his US girlfriend in the USA at some stage this year in the US - our plans are too then have Julie move over here as my wife - and start our lives together - with a view down the line (when kids are on the horizon) to moving over to the USA.

My question relates to my sponsoring of her coming to the UK.

I am currently self employed - in a start up business - as a result my bank balance is in the negative - I am overdrawn and have been for the last 12 months or so - I have no savings and dont own my own property.

I am wondering what experience any of you have had in terms of what acceptable levels of income and bank balance - they require for me to financially support her in terms of entering the UK.

I am ofcourse considering going back into full time employment for this very purpose - any help or experiences would be welcomed.

Cheers in advance

Stuart