USA TO UK

Old May 30th 2022, 3:26 am
Just Joined

xbritto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USA TO UK

My husband moved to the US in 2015 and we got married on a K1 visa. He now holds his 10 year green card. We are wanting to start the process of moving back to the UK roughly in the next 12-18 months. We have several dogs/cats and a horse. It all seems a bit overwhelming at the moment, but where do we even start? Any help, advice or guidance is greatly appreciate!
Old May 30th 2022, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA TO UK

I am guessing you are American? In which case you will need a spouse visa and your husband will need to meet the criteria for sponsoring you. There are lots of threads on how he does this.

With the aminals, there are lots of threads on cats and dogs, but I don't recall horses and my advice would be to contact some pet shipping companies.
Old May 30th 2022, 6:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

To add to the above, you might want to look at getting your husband US citizenship before you leave, so that he can return at anytime if you change your mind in the future.

Good luck with it.
Old May 30th 2022, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

xbritto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by verystormy
I am guessing you are American? In which case you will need a spouse visa and your husband will need to meet the criteria for sponsoring you. There are lots of threads on how he does this.

With the aminals, there are lots of threads on cats and dogs, but I don't recall horses and my advice would be to contact some pet shipping companies.

Yes. I am American, US passport holder. My husband is British, UK passport holder.

I guess I’m just a bit stuck on which visa we actually need to apply for as we both live here in the US. Thanks!
Old May 30th 2022, 2:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Spouse visa. More info in the Wiki - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spouse_Immigration-UK_

HTH, good luck.
Old May 30th 2022, 3:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xbritto
Yes. I am American, US passport holder. My husband is British, UK passport holder.

I guess I’m just a bit stuck on which visa we actually need to apply for as we both live here in the US. Thanks!
Unless you have recent British or Irish ancestry, you'll need a spouse visa. That's your choice, take it or leave it. Your husband will be resident the moment he lands in the UK, so don't be put off by the wording that hints that the visa is for the spouse of a British citizen who is already resident in the UK.
Old May 30th 2022, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the website for the Family (spouse) visa for UK.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Here is the info regarding the financial requirements:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...equirement.pdf

Read carefully to see how you can qualify.