Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Unlimited calls to USA from UK?

Unlimited calls to USA from UK?

Old Nov 1st 2018, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute
Question Unlimited calls to USA from UK?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a company/package/plan that provides unlimited calls to landlines in the US from the UK?

Thanks.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 10:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unlimited calls to USA from UK?

Lots do, Vonage do an unlimited international calls package for something like £12 a month, plenty of other providers too. From a mobile or landline?
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

stevie223 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about landline but I use an app called WhatsApp on my cell phone and my dad has it on his phone. As long as your connected to your wifi its free
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 1:11 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevie223
I don't know about landline but I use an app called WhatsApp on my cell phone and my dad has it on his phone. As long as your connected to your wifi its free
WhatsApp is great. I do video calls from the US to the UK on it all the time. Free, easy, portable, and you can see each other.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

I need this for making business calls. Will Vonage and WhatsApp work for that?
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Lots do, Vonage do an unlimited international calls package for something like £12 a month, plenty of other providers too. From a mobile or landline?
Probably a landline, but I'm not sure yet.
Old Nov 5th 2018, 11:57 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Unlimited calls to USA from UK?

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a company/package/plan that provides unlimited calls to landlines in the US from the UK?

Thanks.
My mum uses a company called TalkTalk for her landline (she doesn’t have, nor want to use the internet). I think she pays something like 10 pounds per month for unlimited numbers of calls to the US; the caveat is that each call must be for duration of under 60 minutes or there are extra charges. She regularly calls me and watches the clock.....if we are still chatting when it gets close to an hour she hangs up and calls me back a few moments later!

The quality of the line is excellent too

www.talktalk.co.uk

Last edited by Englishmum; Nov 6th 2018 at 12:05 am.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 12:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
Can you not use a phone card from the UK? We use one from the US and Canada to the UK...for $10/20 it gives several hundred minutes of talk time.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Englishmum

My mum uses a company called TalkTalk for her landline (she doesn’t have, nor want to use the internet). I think she pays something like 10 pounds per month for unlimited numbers of calls to the US; the caveat is that each call must be for duration of under 60 minutes or there are extra charges. She regularly calls me and watches the clock.....if we are still chatting when it gets close to an hour she hangs up and calls me back a few moments later!

The quality of the line is excellent too

www.talktalk.co.uk

Thanks! That sounds great.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Can you not use a phone card from the UK? We use one from the US and Canada to the UK...for $10/20 it gives several hundred minutes of talk time.
No, that won't work for me.