British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Unlimited calls to USA from UK? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/unlimited-calls-usa-uk-918902/)

Downton Gabby Nov 1st 2018 6:16 pm

Unlimited calls to USA from UK?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a company/package/plan that provides unlimited calls to landlines in the US from the UK?

Thanks.

christmasoompa Nov 1st 2018 10:54 pm

Re: Unlimited calls to USA from UK?

Lots do, Vonage do an unlimited international calls package for something like £12 a month, plenty of other providers too. From a mobile or landline?

stevie223 Nov 2nd 2018 12:57 am

I don't know about landline but I use an app called WhatsApp on my cell phone and my dad has it on his phone. As long as your connected to your wifi its free

Lion in Winter Nov 2nd 2018 1:11 am

Originally Posted by stevie223 (Post 12586609)
I don't know about landline but I use an app called WhatsApp on my cell phone and my dad has it on his phone. As long as your connected to your wifi its free

WhatsApp is great. I do video calls from the US to the UK on it all the time. Free, easy, portable, and you can see each other.

Downton Gabby Nov 2nd 2018 2:39 am

I need this for making business calls. Will Vonage and WhatsApp work for that?

Downton Gabby Nov 2nd 2018 2:41 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12586578)
Lots do, Vonage do an unlimited international calls package for something like £12 a month, plenty of other providers too. From a mobile or landline?

Probably a landline, but I'm not sure yet.

Englishmum Nov 5th 2018 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby (Post 12586454)
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a company/package/plan that provides unlimited calls to landlines in the US from the UK?

Thanks.

My mum uses a company called TalkTalk for her landline (she doesn’t have, nor want to use the internet). I think she pays something like 10 pounds per month for unlimited numbers of calls to the US; the caveat is that each call must be for duration of under 60 minutes or there are extra charges. She regularly calls me and watches the clock.....if we are still chatting when it gets close to an hour she hangs up and calls me back a few moments later!

The quality of the line is excellent too :)

www.talktalk.co.uk

Jerseygirl Nov 6th 2018 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Downton Gabby (Post 12586454)
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Can you not use a phone card from the UK? We use one from the US and Canada to the UK...for $10/20 it gives several hundred minutes of talk time.

Downton Gabby Nov 7th 2018 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Englishmum (Post 12588691)

My mum uses a company called TalkTalk for her landline (she doesn’t have, nor want to use the internet). I think she pays something like 10 pounds per month for unlimited numbers of calls to the US; the caveat is that each call must be for duration of under 60 minutes or there are extra charges. She regularly calls me and watches the clock.....if we are still chatting when it gets close to an hour she hangs up and calls me back a few moments later!

The quality of the line is excellent too :)

www.talktalk.co.uk

Thanks! That sounds great.

Downton Gabby Nov 7th 2018 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12588694)
Can you not use a phone card from the UK? We use one from the US and Canada to the UK...for $10/20 it gives several hundred minutes of talk time.

No, that won't work for me.