Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Uk weather - 18 degrees in mid February.

Uk weather - 18 degrees in mid February.

Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk weather - 18 degrees in mid February.

Originally Posted by northernbird
looks lovely, my dad rang yesterday and said how lovely the weather is just now.
It's shirt weather here where I am in the US and my mother, father, brother, sister, brother in law, neice and nephew all say it's cold and wet in London.

Do I care about the weather, not a chance. My family is out there and what's more British than sitting down with a cup of tea and complaining about the weather.

I know I'm not going back to the UK in 2008, well that's the plan anyway, but I'm homesick as hell and want to go back.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alicecat
Went for a walk along the canals at Harefield near Uxbridge today. Gorgeous!!
Oh your a cruel woman....it does look lovely....hope you had a great time....buttercups...oh did anybody use to hold them up to your chin to see if you liked butter!!!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave_Was
It's shirt weather here where I am in the US and my mother, father, brother, sister, brother in law, neice and nephew all say it's cold and wet in London.

Do I care about the weather, not a chance. My family is out there and what's more British than sitting down with a cup of tea and complaining about the weather.

I know I'm not going back to the UK in 2008, well that's the plan anyway, but I'm homesick as hell and want to go back.
If the only complaint is the weather (which is why a lot of people do migrate) then for us that is not a problem for us either......as you said there is nothing better have a cup of tea and a good old chat/gossip with your family and friends.....it is just so "comforting"....hence one of our many reasons we are heading home in 08!!! (especially if it's Typhoo tea....)
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 2:19 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

You have no idea how jealous I am of all of you who are heading "home" to the Uk in "08".

I wont be back there until June/July 09 - and it feels like SO,SO long away.

x
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:11 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to see how me and the pup will react to the weather once we get there. Right now where I am, it's too hot, and I know I'll be freezing cold when I first get off that plane. Hehehehe, can't wait!!!