Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

UK student visa with priority delayed

UK student visa with priority delayed

Old Sep 27th 2019, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Heyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK student visa with priority delayed

Hello i have experienced delay. Mine is tier 4 student visa with priority. Its been 18 days now. And i contacted UKVI through email, they said ' your current status is that the decision has made'. I got this mail on 23/09/2019 and its 27 now. Still there is no update. I mailed UKVI again and asked me reason for escalation. I gave them the reason but the said i need to wait 15 days for the reply that its been transferred to relevant department. Im really worried
Old Sep 27th 2019, 12:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK student visa with priority delayed

If a decision has been made then I would be going to collect my passport, not emailing UKVI.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

They said the decision has been made when I contacted through mails. It’s a week now and still there is no update on dispatching of my passport.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 12:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Have you visited the VAC to ask?
Old Sep 27th 2019, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

My friends were there few days back to submit their application. And I have told them to enquire about mine, they said that they are helpless. VAC will mail and send text message when passport is dispatched. I contacted UKVI again and told them this issue. They asked me to raise an escalation . And they transferred the issue to relevant department and said they will reply within 15 days. It’s already 19 days now after my biometrics.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 1:55 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heyness
My friends were there few days back to submit their application. And I have told them to enquire about mine, they said that they are helpless. VAC will mail and send text message when passport is dispatched. I contacted UKVI again and told them this issue. They asked me to raise an escalation . And they transferred the issue to relevant department and said they will reply within 15 days. It’s already 19 days now after my biometrics.
Can you travel to the VAC centre yourself? I'd be very surprised if they'd given specific information about your application to your friends.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Heyness
You’ll need to visit the VAC yourself. Which city did you apply in?

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Can you travel to the VAC centre yourself? I'd be very surprised if they'd given specific information about your application to your friends.
Indeed.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

I have applied from Cochin VFS(India). Is it possible to go there and enquire because they are letting us in only with appointment and checklist.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 3:38 pm

You don’t need to make an appointment to collect your passport.
Old Sep 27th 2019, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

My collection point is bluedart courier service , a place known as kannur. Thats the address given. I havent got any text from them. Moreover a mail should be sent when passport is dispatched. I havent recieved that.