UK In Recession!

Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:50 pm
Banned

thomas_reed is an unknown quantity at this point
Question UK In Recession!

Hi,

In my personal experience, the most wanted (in demand) profession currently in UK is SHO (Trust Positions in Medicine),store job and security jobs.

Once you got the job as SHO in UK, the minimum salary level is GBP5000 per month (entry level) and even with simple student dependant visa or TierOne/PSW one can easily work as SHO.

In my personal experience SHO jobs is absolutely in no way effected by recession.Other professions which are not effected by recession are store jobs and security jobs.

In store and security jobs the hours are long and one can easily make still good GBP.

UK is a nice and secure place to bring up kids and family.Its not like US where child birth cost USD$60,000 from personal pocket as there is no fedral insurance system like NHS.

Private health insurance companies in US charge high deductibles and have long waiting periods to claim any medical benefits.Not all employers provide health insurance in US.

NHS treatment/system is still a good luxury and a world class care.

Thanks,
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:06 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK In Recession!

Originally Posted by thomas_reed
Hi,

In my personal experience, the most wanted (in demand) profession currently in UK is SHO (Trust Positions in Medicine),store job and security jobs.

Once you got the job as SHO in UK, the minimum salary level is GBP5000 per month (entry level) and even with simple student dependant visa or TierOne/PSW one can easily work as SHO.

In my personal experience SHO jobs is absolutely in no way effected by recession.Other professions which are not effected by recession are store jobs and security jobs.

In store and security jobs the hours are long and one can easily make still good GBP.

UK is a nice and secure place to bring up kids and family.Its not like US where child birth cost USD$60,000 from personal pocket as there is no fedral insurance system like NHS.

Private health insurance companies in US charge high deductibles and have long waiting periods to claim any medical benefits.Not all employers provide health insurance in US.

NHS treatment/system is still a good luxury and a world class care.

Thanks,
Not being from the UK, tell me what are SHO???? and trust positions in medicine? Student dependent visa isn`t this just called a student visa or is there a difference?

You don`t think store jobs are going to be affected by the recession either???

And it costs 60,000 USD to have a baby in the USA??? Well if this is the case, I`m definately not going to get an american woman pregnant
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Dessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Not being from the UK, tell me what are SHO???? and trust positions in medicine? Student dependent visa isn`t this just called a student visa or is there a difference?

You don`t think store jobs are going to be affected by the recession either???

And it costs 60,000 USD to have a baby in the USA??? Well if this is the case, I`m definately not going to get an american woman pregnant
SHO is a senior house officer, a position in the NHS, i used to work with SHO's and some of them were GP's who wanted more hands on hospital experience so almost like a bit of a secondment for them. Anyhow, if you ask me the original post seems a little suspect......
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:25 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dessiree
SHO is a senior house officer, a position in the NHS, i used to work with SHO's and some of them were GP's who wanted more hands on hospital experience so almost like a bit of a secondment for them. Anyhow, if you ask me the original post seems a little suspect......
Ok and I see you used to live in Calpe, not far from me.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Dessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Ok and I see you used to live in Calpe, not far from me.
Whereabouts are you?
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:28 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Whereabouts are you?
Alicante the city
Old Mar 9th 2009, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes indeed, I detect more than a whiff of sh$te......
Old Mar 9th 2009, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

USAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond repute

I must have got a bit of a bargain then. Gave birth 7 months ago in US and the bill was $7,000 USD.

I think you'd have to be having octuplets by cesarean with complications for it to cost $60k.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 10:45 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by USAGypsies
I must have got a bit of a bargain then. Gave birth 7 months ago in US and the bill was $7,000 USD.

I think you'd have to be having octuplets by cesarean with complications for it to cost $60k.
I think Mr.Reed likes to exaggerate a bit.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:16 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USAGypsies

I think his costs were more along the line of a preemie c-section needing NICU for a while. As normal deliveries aren't quite that much.
But the costs are pretty outrageous even for a normal birth. Home birth seems to be more reasonable if all goes well.