Uk passport site

Old Dec 13th 2021, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Revans18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk passport site

I’ve started the application online for a new British passport. I’m running into some delays and wonder how long does the application save? Also, if I finish it and pay, does anyone know how long I have to mail in the required documents?
Sorry, I can’t find these answers on the site! Thanks.
Old Dec 14th 2021, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk passport site

Originally Posted by Revans18
I’ve started the application online for a new British passport. I’m running into some delays and wonder how long does the application save? Also, if I finish it and pay, does anyone know how long I have to mail in the required documents?
Sorry, I can’t find these answers on the site! Thanks.

i did it last year over a few days and it just saved the info fine. Once I completed the application and paid, it sent me an email reminding me to send the relevant info and that processing would start once they received it. They keep you updated via text and/or email along the way so you know when it’s on the way back. You can easily do your own photos - if it doesn’t meet their specification when you submit it, they’ll tell you what the problem is.
Old Dec 14th 2021, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. I started the application yesterday, then realized I could not finish it, so I closed out. I didn’t see a save option. .I went back in today and looks like I have to start over, nothing saved. Oh well….
Old Dec 15th 2021, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I started the application yesterday, then realized I could not finish it, so I closed out. I didn’t see a save option. .I went back in today and looks like I have to start over, nothing saved. Oh well….
Apologies for the wrong info - I know I didn’t do it when I originally planned to as at that time they were requesting people didn’t renew unless it was urgent, due to pandemic. I found it pretty straightforward though and had all the info to hand so don’t remember it being a particular chore to get it redone. Doing your own photos is a definite help though.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, thanks. I got all the way thru the application to the payment section. I didn’t want to pay yet because I know I don’t have all the required documents to mail in right now. So, I am trying to find out how long the application will remain in the system before it gets deleted/cancelled? How long do I have to send in the documents? It may be a couple of months before I can. The website has no info on this. So, I closed out of the application!
Old Dec 15th 2021, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok, thanks. I got all the way thru the application to the payment section. I didn’t want to pay yet because I know I don’t have all the required documents to mail in right now. So, I am trying to find out how long the application will remain in the system before it gets deleted/cancelled? How long do I have to send in the documents? It may be a couple of months before I can. The website has no info on this. So, I closed out of the application!
If it’s an issue, why not call them and see what they advise? I don’t remember my renewal being particularly complicated and so what I had to send was straightforward and to hand, and I suspect that’s the case with most people, so doubt if you’ll get accurate information on this forum, helpful though people are. Most people would gather the necessary, do the application then mail off as requested.
Sounds like yours is more complicated than most but if you know what’s required, get on with requesting and gathering that stuff together - you’ll need to do it sooner or later anyway - hold off on payment and accept you may have to redo your application when you get it. You’re going to be at the mercy of whoever’s sending you the required information anyway, so that’s the critical path you should concentrate on now.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, that what I concluded.
Old Dec 15th 2021, 4:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

How long do I have to send in the documents? It may be a couple of months before I can.
What documents do you need? Most would be obtainable much quicker?
Old Dec 15th 2021, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

How long do I have to send in the documents? It may be a couple of months before I can.

Don't start your application until you have all the documents. You're expected to send in your support documents asap after the submission.

Old Feb 4th 2022, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, that’s what I did! I had to send away for my British birth certificate from the GRO office and that took 6 weeks to get to me. Finally was able to do the application and mail out the documents last week, the web site says it’s about a 12 week processing time. I’m sure the process is much easier if you are in the UK and could call to ask questions.