Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Travelling with pet on air transat

Travelling with pet on air transat

Old Jan 13th 2012, 11:37 am
Banned

Mikemilter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travelling with pet on air transat

One I experience to take my cat with me during travelling from Canada to Uk...It was nice experience...
Old Jan 13th 2012, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Bally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond reputeBally21 has a reputation beyond repute

I called air transat and they said it was $275 per animal from dublin or glasgow to toronto! And that I book with them!! So this sounds incorrect?

Does air canada go as freight? I have 3 dogs, all over 32kg.

Also if anyone coming back to the UK has a dog crate they want to sell please let me know! I need 2 large vari crates and 1 xl.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 1:48 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marietuluse
Yes, they do, Canadian Affair/Air Transat require a pet agency to book on your behalf, they won't let you book directly with them.

That is not true, we booked it directly with Air Transat. They will transfer you to pet cargo department when you call, that's all, no need to use any pet agency and they never suggested it. All you need it docs for the pooch or kitty cat from the vet.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

marietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nicemarietuluse is just really nice

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
That is not true, we booked it directly with Air Transat. They will transfer you to pet cargo department when you call, that's all, no need to use any pet agency and they never suggested it. All you need it docs for the pooch or kitty cat from the vet.
Well I am just saying this was our experience just 6 weeks ago, we phoned Air Transat, they put us through to said cargo dept, they said you can't book directly with us only an approved Pet Agency can do it!
Old Jan 15th 2012, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

tomparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I am just saying this was our experience just 6 weeks ago, we phoned Air Transat, they put us through to said cargo dept, they said you can't book directly with us only an approved Pet Agency can do it!
Same for us, said we had to use pet relocation agent, we paid the agency and they booked the flight, sent us all the paperwork etc....
Old Jan 15th 2012, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dollface
Probably Summer - once the house is sold and hubby has a job!
I would not fly your dog during the summer months. It is not recommended at all. I spent almost a year researching information on this topic because I had to fly my dog from Italy to the USA. She is almost 13 and as you can guess I was terrified! I postponed my journey until mid October to avoid any problems with the weather. Dog's can easily overheat and there will be a lot of waiting around in his Kennel. Everything was fine, so try not to worry too much. Just make sure you prepare him as best as you can for his journey and don't sedate him.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 5:01 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomparker
Same for us, said we had to use pet relocation agent, we paid the agency and they booked the flight, sent us all the paperwork etc....
Wow, maybe i just got luck then. It seems a ridiculous they would change the rules, maybe it's a Canadian thing.......

ps....I blame everything on Canada
Old Jan 15th 2012, 5:04 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by cosmicjunkie
I would not fly your dog during the summer months. It is not recommended at all. I spent almost a year researching information on this topic because I had to fly my dog from Italy to the USA. She is almost 13 and as you can guess I was terrified! I postponed my journey until mid October to avoid any problems with the weather. Dog's can easily overheat and there will be a lot of waiting around in his Kennel. Everything was fine, so try not to worry too much. Just make sure you prepare him as best as you can for his journey and don't sedate him.
The cargo is climate controlled, so hopefully Summer shouldn't be a problem.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 8:51 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

The cargo is climate controlled, so hopefully Summer shouldn't be a problem.
No FK they do not recommend you fly dogs in winter or summer months so really leaves spring and fall ideally.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:45 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by dollface
No FK they do not recommend you fly dogs in winter or summer months so really leaves spring and fall ideally.
They are all bloody liars then, i should report them ...

How you doing sweetheart?? xx
Old Jan 15th 2012, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all

You see, the problem is not actually on the plane itself, it's the waiting around beforehand. Usually, you have to hand your dog over up to three hours before the flight. He will be taken to the cargo area of the airport which is not air conditioned. Then there is the wait on the runway. The dog is the last to be loaded onto the plane and that tarmac heats up really fast in summer months. Then what if there is some kind of delay in taking off?? Often there is. The plane's air conditioning system is not fully functioning until the engines start up.These are the dangers. I'm glad that Doll face already knows about this!
Old Jan 15th 2012, 10:34 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

You see, the problem is not actually on the plane itself, it's the waiting around beforehand. Usually, you have to hand your dog over up to three hours before the flight. He will be taken to the cargo area of the airport which is not air conditioned. Then there is the wait on the runway. The dog is the last to be loaded onto the plane and that tarmac heats up really fast in summer months. Then what if there is some kind of delay in taking off?? Often there is. The plane's air conditioning system is not fully functioning until the engines start up.These are the dangers. I'm glad that Doll face already knows about this!
I think the problem lies with the airlines, they need to be consistent with the information they dish out.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

I think the problem lies with the airlines, they need to be consistent with the information they dish out.
Totally with you on that one!! I read so much information that when it came down to actually getting the process started I didn't know who or what to believe
Old Jan 15th 2012, 11:19 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Totally with you on that one!! I read so much information that when it came down to actually getting the process started I didn't know who or what to believe
It's awful..
Old Jan 16th 2012, 4:03 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

They are all bloody liars then, i should report them ...

How you doing sweetheart?? xx
Good, how are you more to the point?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.