British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Travelling with pet on air transat (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/travelling-pet-air-transat-741459/)

kirstya Dec 9th 2011 8:17 pm

Travelling with pet on air transat

Hi there

We are moving back to the UK in january and flying with air transat.. We are bringing our dog with us and he is travelling cargo..

I was just wondering if anybody has brought there pets back with air transat and how the whole experience was for you..

would love to hear everyones experiences and if anybody has any hints and tips for us?

gillyd65 Dec 10th 2011 1:09 am

Re: Travelling with pet on air transat

Originally Posted by kirstya (Post 9779922)
Hi there

We are moving back to the UK in january and flying with air transat.. We are bringing our dog with us and he is travelling cargo..

I was just wondering if anybody has brought there pets back with air transat and how the whole experience was for you..

would love to hear everyones experiences and if anybody has any hints and tips for us?

Hi
We brought our cat over to Canada in August this year with Air Transat, Manchester to Toronto. Everything was fine apart from George (the cat) being left in the middle of the cargo bay at Toronto airport with stacker trucks whizzing past him (had stern words with Swiss Air Cargo guy) we used Petsaway (Dave) in the UK to deal with all bookings etc who was fantastic. Are you sure they can travel in the winter months in cargo?

FlirtyKnickers Dec 10th 2011 1:20 am

Hi there

Hi kirstya, our pooch flew air transat from Dublin to Toronto, she was very happy with the service provided. Well, she hasn't complained yet ;) Honesty, don't worry, it's more stress on you than the pet, they'll just be happy to pee and get feed when the ordeal is over. Good luck with the move. :starsmile:

dollface Dec 19th 2011 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers (Post 9780264)
Hi kirstya, our pooch flew air transat from Dublin to Toronto, she was very happy with the service provided. Well, she hasn't complained yet ;) Honesty, don't worry, it's more stress on you than the pet, they'll just be happy to pee and get feed when the ordeal is over. Good luck with the move. :starsmile:

How old is your pooch?

FlirtyKnickers Dec 19th 2011 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by dollface (Post 9796633)
How old is your pooch?

She's 6, i think...:o I can never remember, she's seems to have been around for ages :rofl:

Guinness Dec 20th 2011 9:17 am

Hi there

all 4 of our pets flew with Air Transat from Toronto to Manchester, they all did pretty good, it was a little harder on my older 10.5 Lab. I do have to agree about the facilities in TO though they are pretty bad

Squirrel Dec 20th 2011 9:58 am

I think they can heat the cargo hold if a pet is travelling in it?

dollface Dec 20th 2011 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 9797944)
all 4 of our pets flew with Air Transat from Toronto to Manchester, they all did pretty good, it was a little harder on my older 10.5 Lab. I do have to agree about the facilities in TO though they are pretty bad

When you say hard on your older dog, what do you mean? I will have to fly my 11 year old from Toronto to UK and i'm very worried about it :(

Guinness Dec 20th 2011 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by dollface (Post 9798096)
When you say hard on your older dog, what do you mean? I will have to fly my 11 year old from Toronto to UK and i'm very worried about it :(

I just meant that it took her about a week to get back to her normal self, as in it really tired her out

dollface Dec 20th 2011 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 9798330)
I just meant that it took her about a week to get back to her normal self, as in it really tired her out

Thanks;)

FlirtyKnickers Dec 22nd 2011 12:18 am

Originally Posted by dollface (Post 9798581)
Thanks;)

When are you leaving?? :blink:

FlirtyKnickers Dec 22nd 2011 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Squirrel (Post 9797987)
I think they can heat the cargo hold if a pet is travelling in it?

They must do that....i never thought to ask that question! :eek:

dollface Dec 22nd 2011 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers (Post 9801301)
When are you leaving?? :blink:

Probably Summer - once the house is sold and hubby has a job!:eek:

FlirtyKnickers Dec 23rd 2011 12:52 am

Originally Posted by dollface (Post 9802819)
Probably Summer - once the house is sold and hubby has a job!:eek:

oh my good god, i thought you were still thinking about it, not booking flights...LOL

dollface Dec 23rd 2011 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers (Post 9803271)
oh my good god, i thought you were still thinking about it, not booking flights...LOL

No flights booked yet - a tad premature;) but hopefully, should all go well, back home defo 2012!!!!!!!!!!last Xmas in Canada!!!! never know what you have, til you leave it behind!