Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Travelling with pet on air transat

Travelling with pet on air transat

Old Dec 9th 2011, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

kirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to allkirstya is a name known to all
Default Travelling with pet on air transat

Hi there

We are moving back to the UK in january and flying with air transat.. We are bringing our dog with us and he is travelling cargo..

I was just wondering if anybody has brought there pets back with air transat and how the whole experience was for you..

would love to hear everyones experiences and if anybody has any hints and tips for us?

thanks
Old Dec 10th 2011, 1:09 am
Living in the Truman Show

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Travelling with pet on air transat

Originally Posted by kirstya
Hi there

We are moving back to the UK in january and flying with air transat.. We are bringing our dog with us and he is travelling cargo..

I was just wondering if anybody has brought there pets back with air transat and how the whole experience was for you..

would love to hear everyones experiences and if anybody has any hints and tips for us?

thanks
Hi
We brought our cat over to Canada in August this year with Air Transat, Manchester to Toronto. Everything was fine apart from George (the cat) being left in the middle of the cargo bay at Toronto airport with stacker trucks whizzing past him (had stern words with Swiss Air Cargo guy) we used Petsaway (Dave) in the UK to deal with all bookings etc who was fantastic. Are you sure they can travel in the winter months in cargo?
Old Dec 10th 2011, 1:20 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

thanks
Hi kirstya, our pooch flew air transat from Dublin to Toronto, she was very happy with the service provided. Well, she hasn't complained yet Honesty, don't worry, it's more stress on you than the pet, they'll just be happy to pee and get feed when the ordeal is over. Good luck with the move.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 2:34 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Hi kirstya, our pooch flew air transat from Dublin to Toronto, she was very happy with the service provided. Well, she hasn't complained yet Honesty, don't worry, it's more stress on you than the pet, they'll just be happy to pee and get feed when the ordeal is over. Good luck with the move.
How old is your pooch?
Old Dec 19th 2011, 10:41 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
How old is your pooch?
She's 6, i think... I can never remember, she's seems to have been around for ages
Old Dec 20th 2011, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Guinness is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

thanks
all 4 of our pets flew with Air Transat from Toronto to Manchester, they all did pretty good, it was a little harder on my older 10.5 Lab. I do have to agree about the facilities in TO though they are pretty bad
Old Dec 20th 2011, 9:58 am
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they can heat the cargo hold if a pet is travelling in it?
Old Dec 20th 2011, 12:11 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guinness
all 4 of our pets flew with Air Transat from Toronto to Manchester, they all did pretty good, it was a little harder on my older 10.5 Lab. I do have to agree about the facilities in TO though they are pretty bad
When you say hard on your older dog, what do you mean? I will have to fly my 11 year old from Toronto to UK and i'm very worried about it
Old Dec 20th 2011, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Guinness is an unknown quantity at this point

When you say hard on your older dog, what do you mean? I will have to fly my 11 year old from Toronto to UK and i'm very worried about it
I just meant that it took her about a week to get back to her normal self, as in it really tired her out
Old Dec 20th 2011, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Guinness
I just meant that it took her about a week to get back to her normal self, as in it really tired her out
Thanks
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 12:18 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Thanks
When are you leaving??
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 12:23 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Squirrel
I think they can heat the cargo hold if a pet is travelling in it?
They must do that....i never thought to ask that question!
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 7:10 pm

When are you leaving??
Probably Summer - once the house is sold and hubby has a job!
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 12:52 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Probably Summer - once the house is sold and hubby has a job!
oh my good god, i thought you were still thinking about it, not booking flights...LOL
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:08 pm

oh my good god, i thought you were still thinking about it, not booking flights...LOL
No flights booked yet - a tad premature but hopefully, should all go well, back home defo 2012!!!!!!!!!!last Xmas in Canada!!!! never know what you have, til you leave it behind!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.