Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Tipping Hairdressers in the UK

Tipping Hairdressers in the UK

Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:17 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tipping Hairdressers in the UK

What is the standard for tipping hairdressers in the UK? I have been back for a few weeks and it is almost time for a hairdo!

Thank You
Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice
Default Re: Tipping Hairdressers in the UK

Lol it depends on if they do a good job. They have totally ruined my hair since i have been back
If i just got a cut i would leave a couple of quid,if its a colour and cut i leave 5
Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:27 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Cumbrian Lass. I am dreading going as it is really difficult to find a good hairdresser. The expected tip in Calgary was 15 to 20%, so I think I will find hairdos cheaper here.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

Originally Posted by lf1
Thanks Cumbrian Lass. I am dreading going as it is really difficult to find a good hairdresser. The expected tip in Calgary was 15 to 20%, so I think I will find hairdos cheaper here.
I paid 82 pounds last week ......first my hair turned out orange and then purple,at that point i was in tears. Its ruined !!!!!! they put it right,or i should say tried to and i came out with a free towel. I will not be going back to that one,as its not the first time i have come out with orange hair either.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:36 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
I paid 82 pounds last week ......first my hair turned out orange and then purple,at that point i was in tears. Its ruined !!!!!! they put it right,or i should say tried to and i came out with a free towel. I will not be going back to that one,as its not the first time i have come out with orange hair either.
Yikes!!! I can't believe they had the cheek to charge you for that. The colour thing scares me. Is £82 about average for a cut and colour?