Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

A tip for helping your credit rating

Wikiposts

A tip for helping your credit rating

Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

whereamifrom has a spectacular aura aboutwhereamifrom has a spectacular aura aboutwhereamifrom has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: A tip for helping your credit rating

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Fab fab news sans! Good luck to you. You have given hope to many other returnees managing to clinch it.
FFF, how do you register for the electoral roll?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:07 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Sans,
We've been here about 19months and comin back in 13weeks!! I've been here twice before so I feel I'm now over it although the recent good weather is toying with my head and making me do the "what if" thing.
BUT - hubbies not budging and is definately not up for staying on here any longer. Just gotta get us some jobs back home to come back to!! Not easy so far.
Cheers for the advice. Will get the hubster to look into Utility Warehouse online.
Where did you move back to/from??

*pearly*
Pearly...I've been back since end of June and the summer hasn't been that bad here. But then i'd never cope with the heat in OZ, i was sat on top of a fan here for about 3 wks lols during the summer. I was in Canada, Vancouver Island..... and it has to be the prettiest place
It was my second time their too.......1st time was in the 70's...........I'm back in Nrth Linc's about 5 miles from the Humber bridge. Weve had some glorious crisp sunny days here and sunday was really warm. Trees are all turning Awe!! I wont be leaving again, not out of choice anyway.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:17 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whereamifrom
FFF, how do you register for the electoral roll?
You can do it online

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/how_do_...g_to_vote.aspx

I didnt use this method as my daughter had her yearly form come thorugh the door just after i arrived, but i know several people who have done it this way. Might be worth checking the deadline for getting on it for nexrt year though. I have a hunch it might be the end of this month, but dont take that as red. I just dont have my glasses with me so hate reading small print without them.
From memory people are listed only once a year in December, so if you miss that deadline you have to wait another whole year before you show up on it.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:22 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

You can do it online

I didnt use this method as my daughter had her yearly form come thorugh the door just after i arrived, but i know several people who have done it this way. Might be worth checking the deadline for getting on it for nexrt year though. I have a hunch it might be the end of this month, but dont take that as red. I just dont have my glasses with me so hate reading small print without them.
From memory people are listed only once a year in December, so if you miss that deadline you have to wait another whole year before you show up on it.

Let me update the last piece of tosh i wrote!!

Just foundmy glasses and read that they update the register monthly.
I am wondering if that a new thing as i am sure someone told me i had to register by December ...oh well.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:27 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Fab fab news sans! Good luck to you. You have given hope to many other returnees managing to clinch it.
Thanks Flea Appologies... i seem to of taken over your thread here Wasn't intentional I hate starting new threads, been on expats since early 06 and i think i've only ever started maybe 4 threads

And mum always said speak when spoken to
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:33 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by sans
Thanks Flea Appologies... i seem to of taken over your thread here Wasn't intentional I hate starting new threads, been on expats since early 06 and i think i've only ever started maybe 4 threads

And mum always said speak when spoken to
Hey, no worries. Post away!

My problem is, i speak whether i'm spoken to or not. First sign of madness you know!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:35 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Hey, no worries. Post away!

My problem is, i speak whether i'm spoken to or not. First sign of madness you know!
I thought that was talking to ones self And i've been doing that for a long time............ I even forget what i'm saying to myself these days
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

whereamifrom has a spectacular aura aboutwhereamifrom has a spectacular aura aboutwhereamifrom has a spectacular aura about

You can do it online

Thanks!
Hello England, Hello debt, here I come!
Old Oct 18th 2008, 9:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea. As i said, mine worked perfectly, never let me down.

If you are the sort of person who mainly just surfes the web and have a mobile phone, i cant see the need for a landline now.
Is there just the 10/15 GBP per month to pay for unlimited use...or is there a cellular line or minutes charge too?