Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

A tip for helping your credit rating

A tip for helping your credit rating

Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:40 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A tip for helping your credit rating

YAY!!!! I got up this morning to a nice big envelope from the ABBEY

Official morgage offer inside Complete with valuation certificate And Happy....doesn't fully explain how i am feeling right now " YIPPY" Haha
I just carn't stop grinning hehe............
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans

Official morgage offer inside Complete with valuation certificate And Happy....doesn't fully explain how i am feeling right now " YIPPY" Haha
Congratulation Any idea when you'll be able to move in?

I wonder what our chances are of getting a mortgage my OH is self employed and I'm doing the mum thing, so I reckon it's going to be difficult but I guess I'll never know until I ask. Mind you there was an article in the Daily Mirror (my dad buys it) saying that house prices in NI could fall by 66% which of course could be complete bollox.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:10 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Congratulation Any idea when you'll be able to move in?

I wonder what our chances are of getting a mortgage my OH is self employed and I'm doing the mum thing, so I reckon it's going to be difficult but I guess I'll never know until I ask. Mind you there was an article in the Daily Mirror (my dad buys it) saying that house prices in NI could fall by 66% which of course could be complete bollox.
Thanks Elaine.............I got the morgage on self cert. We did get the house £20k less then advertised price.

They are saying that they will keep reducing in price, def over the next yr....
So its best to be careful, or anybody buying now.... could end up in negative equity.
Hopefully we haven't done that, but i'm not planning on moving again, not for a v....ery long time PHEW!! had enough of that game

I carn't move again till my furniture turns up and at the rate that is moving.....it will all be Antique, when it arrives..........IF........it arrives

Their is know chain so hopefully it will be in the next mth Yay....lols
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Sans, that's wonderful. Things are moving along just great for you
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:19 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Congratulations Sans, that's wonderful. Things are moving along just great for you
I know........the application with the Abbey was only put in on.. last wedneday via the internet

And i was so expecting it to be refused again. And even when morgage advisor said they had accepted it...........I still only half believed

Half cup syndrome....Something i'm going to have to try and shake off...now.

And aint that just the difference being here, we have that choice to make things happen ......shove those doors open haha
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Elaine.............I got the morgage on self cert. We did get the house £20k less then advertised price.

They are saying that they will keep reducing in price, def over the next yr....
So its best to be careful, or anybody buying now.... could end up in negative equity.
Hopefully we haven't done that, but i'm not planning on moving again, not for a v....ery long time PHEW!! had enough of that game

I carn't move again till my furniture turns up and at the rate that is moving.....it will all be Antique, when it arrives..........IF........it arrives

Their is know chain so hopefully it will be in the next mth Yay....lols
Your furniture still hasn't arrive Oh well I guess at least you haven't had to pay to store it. With any luck it will arrive the day you get the keys to the house.

Can I be really nosey and ask what % was your deposit? I thought having a 10% deposit would be pretty good but that seems not to be the case.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 3:49 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Your furniture still hasn't arrive Oh well I guess at least you haven't had to pay to store it. With any luck it will arrive the day you get the keys to the house.

Can I be really nosey and ask what % was your deposit? I thought having a 10% deposit would be pretty good but that seems not to be the case.
On a self cert they will lend upto 75%........I think it was 10% on a normal AC payee. But lack of credit history may be a problem......My morgage advisor put my old Uk address on the last application. And on the others he had put the Canadian address and they failed.

Just after i mentioned shipping to you before......I emailed the person i used to deal with my shipping and she got abit stroppy in her response

Because i had emailed her and not the shippers, as it was her i paid...i assumed she was my first port of call

The shippers then emailed and said that their had been a mistake and my stuff was still sat in a warehouse in Vancouver
And that someone had been sacked and that she had now arranged for my shipping to leave on the 12th of Oct

Which wouldn't of been so bad if we weren't sat on floors,cooking with one pan etc. After 10 wks the blow up beds we had borrowed, blew down perminently and so i had to replace them and buy 3 mattresses and some duvets, and winter cloths eg coats..All of which are in the shipping So the £1000ish we have just spent.....in order to stay warm and get some sleep.......Could of gone on a container :curse:. It was suppose to leave Vancouver on the 24th of June.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

On a self cert they will lend upto 75%........I think it was 10% on a normal AC payee. But lack of credit history may be a problem......My morgage advisor put my old Uk address on the last application. And on the others he had put the Canadian address and they failed.

Just after i mentioned shipping to you before......I emailed the person i used to deal with my shipping and she got abit stroppy in her response

Because i had emailed her and not the shippers, as it was her i paid...i assumed she was my first port of call

The shippers then emailed and said that their had been a mistake and my stuff was still sat in a warehouse in Vancouver
And that someone had been sacked and that she had now arranged for my shipping to leave on the 12th of Oct

Which wouldn't of been so bad if we weren't sat on floors,cooking with one pan etc. After 10 wks the blow up beds we had borrowed, blew down perminently and so i had to replace them and buy 3 mattresses and some duvets, and winter cloths eg coats..All of which are in the shipping So the £1000ish we have just spent.....in order to stay warm and get some sleep.......Could of gone on a container :curse:. It was suppose to leave Vancouver on the 24th of June.
What a fiasco, I'm sure once you get into your new house you'll never want to move again. I don't suppose you'll get any money back from the shippers?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:10 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

What a fiasco, I'm sure once you get into your new house you'll never want to move again. I don't suppose you'll get any money back from the shippers?
I certainly think they should......but i doubt it. I'm going to email them shortly to find out if its on the boat
I shall start making lots of noise if its not, and afew letters will be writen and sent all over the place

I didn't want to make too many waves till i knew it was on its way
And woo be tide them if theirs any damage............
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:40 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

SANS,

Totally over the moon for you. I can see you jumping up and down when you saw the envelope!!!!! Been following your up's and down's of late.

Just a quick question then - who would you say was offering the best "all in" packages ( phone,internet,Sky etc ) maybe even leckie and gas included in that list IF they do such a thing.
We're back in about 13 weeks. Moving to York.
We've got a good deposit for a house but no jobs for certain just yet. So we'll be looking for a mortgage next once we know if we've got jobs.

Cheers,
*pearly*
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:19 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
SANS,

Totally over the moon for you. I can see you jumping up and down when you saw the envelope!!!!! Been following your up's and down's of late.

Just a quick question then - who would you say was offering the best "all in" packages ( phone,internet,Sky etc ) maybe even leckie and gas included in that list IF they do such a thing.
We're back in about 13 weeks. Moving to York.
We've got a good deposit for a house but no jobs for certain just yet. So we'll be looking for a mortgage next once we know if we've got jobs.

Cheers,
*pearly*
Hey Yes i was on cloud nine with recieving the written proof Its taken 3 morgage advisors and 3 mths and i'd just about given up hope of getting accepted
Where theirs a will theirs away Yay!!!
As for the Utilities ..........I dont know if i have the best one, their are loads around and to be honest i'm pretty happy with what i have been billed for so far.
Utility Warehouse does Gas/Lecky/internet/telephone/mob..... if you have 4 to include your Landline you get 75mins free landline to Landline calls, my phone bill has only been about £8 per mth lols and thats ringing mobiles. You can apply on line...........

I dont have sky.....i may subscribe when i get moved, not sure yet. We have digital and the TV has it already built in, and its actually Ok

So you coming back in the New Year I like York very pretty. How long have you been away???
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:34 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Yes i was on cloud nine with recieving the written proof Its taken 3 morgage advisors and 3 mths and i'd just about given up hope of getting accepted
As for the Utilities ..........I dont know if i have the best one, their are loads around and to be honest i'm pretty happy with what i have been billed for so far.
Utility Warehouse does Gas/Lecky/internet/telephone/mob..... if you have 4 to include your Landline you get 75mins free landline to Landline calls, my phone bill has only been about £8 per mth lols and thats ringing mobiles. You can apply on line...........

I dont have sky.....i may subscribe when i get moved, not sure yet. We have digital and the TV has it already built in, and its actually Ok

So you coming back in the New Year I like York very pretty. How long have you been away???
Sans,
We've been here about 19months and comin back in 13weeks!! I've been here twice before so I feel I'm now over it although the recent good weather is toying with my head and making me do the "what if" thing.
BUT - hubbies not budging and is definately not up for staying on here any longer. Just gotta get us some jobs back home to come back to!! Not easy so far.
Cheers for the advice. Will get the hubster to look into Utility Warehouse online.
Where did you move back to/from??

*pearly*
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

There's so much choice with utility companies now...very different to when I left the UK in '96. For now I'm sticking to what the previous owner used...then when I've received a couple of bills I'll put the details into the websites who recommend the best deals and go from there.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:34 am
shoot from the hip,baby

Cheers JG,

Hmmmmm. Perhaps I should start a thread on recommended UK utility servers just to help with price comparisions/value for dosh for all those returning or newly returned????

Hmmmm.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:46 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Fab fab news sans! Good luck to you. You have given hope to many other returnees managing to clinch it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.