Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving back to the u.k

Thinking of moving back to the u.k

Old Feb 27th 2019, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving back to the u.k

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I hope you have something on your bottom half to go with that t shirt and shirt I can't believe the lovely weather you're having! You'll be pleased to hear that your old stomping ground of Perth was 37 today
Oh crickey, I know the old saying..but this new phone is driving my bonkers, it has a mind of its own when it comes to prediction text but I should also read through my quotes lol. I certainly would not want to shock the neighbours so yes I did have shorts on lol. It was 19 here yesterday....felt just right (it would after our previous couple of months..which to be fare have also mostly been mild) so 39 I would be melting lol. I have even had to cut the lawns😮 and the neighbours magnolia is in full bloom..crazy lol
Old Feb 27th 2019, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops
You're wise to wait out your citizenship. From a kid's point of view, I think everyone is different and you can't always predict how a child will cope with a move like this. Having said that, I wouldn't wait too long. I was 8 years old when my parents carted me off to Canada and for me, I think it may have been just a little too late. Initially I was quite happy there but it wasn't to last. I never ever felt like I really belonged there. My sister (2 years my jr.), however, adapted just fine. I returned to England 45 years later and although life back here has had its challenges, I feel as though I've always belonged here.
Your quite right to point this out.. Its normal to refer to kids adapting . (its our guilty hope really ) One of mine did and the other didn't ...because they are of course all different ,just like we are and have admitted. My kids were 6 and 9yrs old. It was the 6yr old who never really adapted. Mainly because she could never get the hang of the language, and she has a loner personality. The 9yr old spoke fluent Dutch in no time ,even to the point where she had a better accent than her Dutch friend who had spent a few years in Australia
what we have to accept is that this can happen .It may not work out,and probable won't for everyone. Its something we have to live with
Old Mar 5th 2019, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

rawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond reputerawsalad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi Derwig, sorry for butting in but I just wanted to make sure that you and your wife realise that the Ancestry visa is a working visa, ie your wife would need to be in employment or looking for employment for the visa validity period of 5 years. After 5 years she can apply to naturalise as a British citizen.
Here's a link. Also have to pay the health surcharge. https://www.gov.uk/ancestry-visa
Old Apr 29th 2019, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

chudleigh is on a distinguished road

Hi we have also lived in Canada for 12 years and are moving back to the UK this year. We are getting quotes for moving, etc and it will cost approximately $20k (moving house, cats, etc) but feel it is worth it to be closer to family and friends. Good luck.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a few moving back- what is it that makes you want to leave Canada?