Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Is there anything you do like/will miss?

Is there anything you do like/will miss?

Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:39 pm
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all
Default Re: Is there anything you do like/will miss?

Some of the colourful birds
The fact you can get three loads of washing done & dried on the line in a day (albeit making careful the sun doesn't fade your colours & the towels are as hard as surfboards)
The view from our house too
Being able not to work & stay at home to look after baby
TV....I'm joking!!!!!
I'm struggling now but there must be some more things
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JustBecause
Some of the colourful birds
The fact you can get three loads of washing done & dried on the line in a day (albeit making careful the sun doesn't fade your colours & the towels are as hard as surfboards)
The view from our house too
Being able not to work & stay at home to look after baby
TV....I'm joking!!!!!
I'm struggling now but there must be some more things

Agree with you on the washing - sorry but cannot agree about the birds, f****** hate them, ALL of them!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Agree with you on the washing - sorry but cannot agree about the birds, f****** hate them, ALL of them!
I'm with you on the birds - big brash noisy b*ggers! The havent heard of antisocial hours and I am all set to kill the bloody Koel who has decided that our suburb makes a nice destination at the end of the migration process - they call all bloody night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:32 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
I'm with you on the birds - big brash noisy b*ggers! The havent heard of antisocial hours and I am all set to kill the bloody Koel who has decided that our suburb makes a nice destination at the end of the migration process - they call all bloody night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ooooh!! is that what its called Quoll?? If it is the same bird it makes a very strange noise ALL bloody night!!

I am normally a real creature lover. But i am truly sick of the bird noises now. I love to look at them, but they are destroying what little sleep i get.

If i manage a nap in the afternoon i guarantee the cockies turn up in droves.

I was saying to OH the other day, wont it be nice when we are back in the UK and have song thrushes and blackbirds to listen to. At least they sing a nice song!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
I get woken each morning by a wattlebird that makes the most horrible cackling sound. We used to get a blackbird where I live but he seems to have disappeared. No doubt he got chased off by the loud aggressive native birds. Having said that I do quite like the kookaburras that chuckle in the morning. But it would be much nicer to hear the Blackbird, Song Thrush, Wren, Robin etc, etc.

We don't get the Koel in South Australia, but I heard it recently on a trip to Queensland and yes it would drive you mad after a while. And the Sulphur Crested Cockies....great to look at....awful noise though.