Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Is there anything you do like/will miss?

Is there anything you do like/will miss?

Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is there anything you do like/will miss?

Just a thought like, but personally, although I know I want to go home (and am!) it certainly isn't all bad here (IMHO) and there are some things I rather like. I like knowing that we can nip down to the beach at the weekend, where my daughter can have a full day of fun (for free!). I love the view from my house - could never afford anything like that in the UK. My OH LOVES Farmers Union Iced Coffee (his waistline doesn't!).

I know none of us really want to spend our days here, but there must be something you like?
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there anything you do like/will miss?

Chai latte and wide car parking spaces.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:36 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney ferry rides and alfresco dining
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Variety of non European based food/eating out and the low cost of it.

mmm, that's it
Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by quoll
Chai latte and wide car parking spaces.
LOL another one who has fallen for Chai latte. I am addicted to the stuff. Never heard of it in UK, so hope you can get it there.

I will miss nice sunny days (can't stand it too hot though)
Big chicken breasts.
My 4x4.
erm!!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Being able to plan ahead outdoor stuff in the spring/autumn.

Nice Asian restaurants and good quality coffee shops(though I heard the UK has improved a lot on that front).

Going on a day out to wineries (though we only seem to do this for visitors from the UK).

My bigger house and car - maybe, I am not sure, I think a smaller house will be okay but I am spoilt now and do NOT want semi detatched.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
LOL another one who has fallen for Chai latte. I am addicted to the stuff. Never heard of it in UK, so hope you can get it there.
Couldnt find any when I was there in July - hope you have more success than I did! The best they could offer was English Breakfast with milk
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:50 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

So far, I miss nothing in Canada. Sure, the Sunset Grill in Toronto did some great scrambled eggs and good prices, but I can whip them up myself... Can't think of anything that Toronto has that London cannot offer, really. Elsewhere in the UK might not be the same, though.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:52 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by quoll
Couldnt find any when I was there in July - hope you have more success than I did! The best they could offer was English Breakfast with milk
I thought Starbucks in the UK did Chai lattes? I am sure a colleague of mine was addicted to them - that was about 2-3 years ago.

Just checked www.starbucks.co.uk - they do Tazo Chai Latte in the UK. Found it on the UK nutrition guide:

http://starbucks.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/...uideSummer.pdf

Last edited by gotoronto; Oct 24th 2008 at 10:55 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gotoronto
I thought Starbucks in the UK did Chai lattes? I am sure a colleague of mine was addicted to them - that was about 2-3 years ago.

Just checked www.starbucks.co.uk - they do Tazo Chai Latte in the UK. Found it on the UK nutrition guide:

http://starbucks.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/...uideSummer.pdf
Well done - didnt go to Starbucks I must say - have a natural Aussie aversion to them, just as well they have pretty much closed down their Aussie representation now.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

I've been trying to think what I miss about Canada and other than friends there's not much. I will miss Halloween though more for my little boy he used to get so excited about going Trick or Treating and handing out Candy to the other kids, but having his cousins over for a party should make up for it
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:34 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I've been trying to think what I miss about Canada and other than friends there's not much. I will miss Halloween though more for my little boy he used to get so excited about going Trick or Treating and handing out Candy to the other kids, but having his cousins over for a party should make up for it
Elaine dont they do Trick or Treating in Ireland??? My DD's going, she'd never miss a chance for free sweets DS not bothered he'd rather stay home.

The only thing i miss in Canada is the stunning views i had on VI, they where quite amazing

We drove to Matlock in Derbyshire last Sunday.....Wow the countryside was beautiful .....Not quite mountains and ocean....but stunning all the same
Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
Elaine dont they do Trick or Treating in Ireland??? My DD's going, she'd never miss a chance for free sweets DS not bothered he'd rather stay home.
No it hasn't really caught on here. In Toronto wee man could have filled a pillowcase with all the candy and we must of had almost 100 kids call at our door last year. At least it's easy enough to find a pumpkin these days when I was a kid we had to carve out a turnip
Old Oct 26th 2008, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good coffee
Good choice of restaurants and eating places in general (in the cities and tourist areas anyway)
Going to the beach on a summer evening to watch the sunset
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:01 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

I expect to be surprised at what I'll miss.

I don't think it'll be food. I cook nearly everything from scratch so I should be able to make things like muffins. Someone please tell me you can still get Cox apples in the UK. I read that galas were the most popular. Galas are okay, but I love coxes.

I might miss CBC radio simply because I've got used to some of the voices. I should be able to podcast some programs if I need a fix, and I'm looking forward to easy listening to the BBC.

Hummingbirds. I'll miss them.

As for the rest, I hope to be reporting back sometime next year,

Bev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.