British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   That's the spouse visa application finished (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/thats-spouse-visa-application-finished-866520/)

spouse of scouse Oct 29th 2015 3:15 pm

Re: That's the spouse visa application finished

Originally Posted by Perth (Post 11781395)
:rofl: Looking forward to it. Make sure to give us your flight details so we can stalk you all the way home :thumbsup:

I will! A few prayers to any particular deity you happen to be a fan of, to keep the plane in the air, would be most welcome too (I won't have Scouse's hand to hold).

formula Oct 29th 2015 3:25 pm

Congrats on the visa. I did keep telling you that you would get it!:p

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 11782188)
A few prayers to any particular deity you happen to be a fan of, to keep the plane in the air, would be most welcome too

Don't worry about the plane as statistically they are safe. You have more chance of getting killed on the roads when you get here:lol:

"According to the Civil Aviation Authority, the fatality rate per billion kilometres travelled by plane is 0.003. That compares to 0.27 by rail, 2.57 by car, and 106.67 by motorbike. It adds that there is one fatality for every 287m passengers carried by UK airlines. By way of comparison, the chances of being struck by lightning are 19 million to 1, it claims."

"The simple act of going to bed is more perilous than flying. Indeed, 20 people perish each year in Britain, on average, falling from their mattress. "
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...ff-flying.html

Perth Oct 29th 2015 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 11782188)
I will! A few prayers to any particular deity you happen to be a fan of, to keep the plane in the air, would be most welcome too (I won't have Scouse's hand to hold).

Would the flying spaghetti monster do? :lol:

Apparently soon before we took a flight to see DD, I had developed a sinus infection. On the descent, the pain was horrible, so I dug my nails into OH's arm to keep from screaming bloody murder. There's a nice bruise there now :o

Eagle60 Oct 30th 2015 4:49 am

Can someone confirm, when you send the settlement visa application do you have to send 2 x copies of everything, including the application form etc?

spouse of scouse Oct 30th 2015 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Eagle60 (Post 11782665)
Can someone confirm, when you send the settlement visa application do you have to send 2 x copies of everything, including the application form etc?

I made 2 copies of everything, as well as the originals for things like passport, birth/death/divorce/marriage certificates etc.

I just made 3 packages. One marked 'original', which had everything including the application form, plus originals as mentioned above. Two others marked 'copy', which again had everything including the application form, but copies of passport, birth/death/divorce/marriage etc certificates.

It's a lot of photocopying!

spouse of scouse Oct 30th 2015 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Perth (Post 11782346)
Would the flying spaghetti monster do? :lol:

Apparently soon before we took a flight to see DD, I had developed a sinus infection. On the descent, the pain was horrible, so I dug my nails into OH's arm to keep from screaming bloody murder. There's a nice bruise there now :o

The flying spaghetti monster will do nicely, thank you :lol:

Poor you with that sinus infection. Glad you had a manly arm to disfigure :lol:

spouse of scouse Oct 30th 2015 6:21 am

Originally Posted by formula (Post 11782196)
Congrats on the visa. I did keep telling you that you would get it!:p

Don't worry about the plane as statistically they are safe. You have more chance of getting killed on the roads when you get here:lol:

Thanks Formula, yes you did keep telling me. Me of little faith.

I'm not really that worried about the flights, God knows I've done it enough. I just like something to grizzle about, keeps me on my toes :)

Eagle60 Oct 30th 2015 6:42 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 11782686)
I made 2 copies of everything, as well as the originals for things like passport, birth/death/divorce/marriage certificates etc.

I just made 3 packages. One marked 'original', which had everything including the application form, plus originals as mentioned above. Two others marked 'copy', which again had everything including the application form, but copies of passport, birth/death/divorce/marriage etc certificates.

Thanks. Do you know if it's a definite requirement though to provide copies?

spouse of scouse Oct 30th 2015 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Eagle60 (Post 11782693)
Thanks. Do you know if it's a definite requirement though to provide copies?

The guidance notes to the online application said provide 2 copies. I didn't go into it any deeper than that - I wanted my application to be successful so I provided what I was asked to.

feelbritish Oct 30th 2015 8:00 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 11782686)

Exactly what I did. They also sent back almost all the documents and photocopies plus photos and this is all safely stored now for next time. SOS, make sure when you get there some of the accounts are in joint names as is your bank details. My OH thinks I am paranoid but I am already thinking about my application in two years time!

michali Oct 30th 2015 9:49 am

Wise move, FB! You do actually have to start preparing for the next visa as soon as you arrive.....no peace for the wicked!

rebeccajo Nov 14th 2015 2:55 pm

Checking in here.

Hope you are settling in, SOS.

Makes me smile to think of what you have to look forward to. Stay in tough. :)

spouse of scouse Nov 14th 2015 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by rebeccajo (Post 11794077)
Checking in here.

Hope you are settling in, SOS.

Makes me smile to think of what you have to look forward to. Stay in tough. :)

Hi rebeccajo, I'm here :thumbsup: I'm going to post an update soon, all is well with some interesting happenings along the way.