Sydneysiders...

Old May 19th 2007, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Sydneysiders...

We are heading back to the UK in just under 2 weeks time (don't wish to rub it in with anyone!), and were just wondering if anyone had suggestions of places to go/things to see in Sydney before we leave.

We'll only have a couple of days spare but can't think what to do with those days. Perhaps would be good to go somewhere that we haven't been before if anyone has any good suggestions. We have a 3 year old so it would have to be suggestions that cater for him!

Thanks in advance!
Catherine
Old May 20th 2007, 12:37 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydneysiders...

I would say Taronga zoo would be a good idea. The ferry ride across to the zoo is stunning with great views. You also get spectacular photo opportunities from the zoo of the Opera House and bridge, and i am sure the 3yr old will love to see the animals.
Old May 20th 2007, 4:51 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydneysiders...

We're off in two months' time. Before we head off, I think we'll do:

A quick trip up to the Blue Mountains (again!)
See an opera
Visit a particular restaurant close to where we live, that we've somehow not managed to visit in all our time here
Have drinks at the Summit
Eat fish and chips at Darling Harbour
Potter around the markets at the Rocks one Sunday morning - buying tourist souvenier tat for my family for when we return
Stand on the Sydney Harbour Bridge and take in the view over the opera house
Go to the fish markets and enjoy lunch over a bottle of wine
Visit the Botanic Gardens and watch sunset from Mrs Macquarie's Chair