Super Annuration

Old May 10th 2004, 7:02 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Super Annuration

Does anyone know if you can get the money that has been paid into the super annuation fund back if you leave Oz to return home.
What is the shortest amount of time anyone has spent in Oz before moving back to the good old UK. Has anyone deeply regretted leaving Oz for the UK.
Old May 10th 2004, 7:28 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Super Annuration

Originally posted by robertd
Does anyone know if you can get the money that has been paid into the super annuation fund back if you leave Oz to return home.
What is the shortest amount of time anyone has spent in Oz before moving back to the good old UK. Has anyone deeply regretted leaving Oz for the UK.
Temporary residents certainly can do so. Check out the ATO web site. www.ato.gov.au
Old May 10th 2004, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Super Annuration

Originally posted by robertd
normally PRs cant get access to super. However, in exceptional circumstances you can cash it in (bankruptcy, financial hardship, terminal illness, etc). I don't know what youhave to do to prove these circumstances tho.

How many years have you paid in for?
Old May 10th 2004, 10:30 pm
jat
BE Enthusiast

jat is an unknown quantity at this point

robertd

as i am on temp res i have organised this - but it depends on your status - if you have shown any signs of applying for PR i think you will struggle to get it back - but you can always try..

i have contacted all my super funds - i had 4 of them! i have all the forms ready - basically once i leave oz and have my visa cancelled and once im out of the country i can apply - the envelope has to be from overseas and a copy of your cancelled visa in also.... they will send you a chequd (after 30% tax) to your address overseas in ozzie dollars!

when are you heading back?
Old May 10th 2004, 10:35 pm
kong

Originally posted by jat
robertd

as i am on temp res i have organised this - but it depends on your status - if you have shown any signs of applying for PR i think you will struggle to get it back - but you can always try..

i have contacted all my super funds - i had 4 of them! i have all the forms ready - basically once i leave oz and have my visa cancelled and once im out of the country i can apply - the envelope has to be from overseas and a copy of your cancelled visa in also.... they will send you a chequd (after 30% tax) to your address overseas in ozzie dollars!

when are you heading back?
Glad I read this, I have been back 2 years and have 3 different funds to collect.

I downloaded the forms and they have just sat there ever since!!! So you just need to photocopy your expired visa and have the super funds details?

I should have done this ages ago DOH!