Wikiposts

Still Homesick

Old Nov 30th 2010, 8:41 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Still Homesick

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Which country are you in?

I am always on the "50's and 60's moving back to the UK" thread and I was surprised at how many people wanted to move back from the USA and Canada.....some have been away from home for 50 years!!! Can you believe that? Mind you I have been in Australia for 28 years, life circumstances gets us stuck sometimes, anyhoo I am going home in February..........for good this time.
The USA.

Yes, surprising how many stay for 50 years and want to go back. By that time it's too late I suppose, because so many of their family have gone.
I spoke to an old lady in a restaurant one day and she told me she'd been here since 59, and she'd love to go back England to live, but her brothers are dead and she has nobody there now. Kind of sad really.

Good for you! I'll be almost 9 months behind you, but I'll be there by this time next year.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 8:45 am

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Well, yes. Most of it anyway
Up round the Antrim coast or down in South Tyrone, you couldn't get much better countryside or meet nicer people in the world. IMO.
Of course if you want to "stray"... Donegal is pretty too.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 8:46 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
The USA.

Yes, surprising how many stay for 50 years and want to go back. By that time it's too late I suppose, because so many of their family have gone.
I spoke to an old lady in a restaurant one day and she told me she'd been here since 59, and she'd love to go back England to live, but her brothers are dead and she has nobody there now. Kind of sad really.

Good for you! I'll be almost 9 months behind you, but I'll be there by this time next year.
You're heading back to Blighty then?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 8:48 am

You're heading back to Blighty then?
As soon as I can, yep. Been busy over the last few weeks trying to get things in place. Realistically I should be there within 12 months now.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 8:50 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

As soon as I can, yep. Been busy over the last few weeks trying to get things in place. Realistically I should be there within 12 months now.
Nice one
Old Nov 30th 2010, 8:51 am

Nice one
I can't wait!

PS - did you see this? http://www.u.tv/News/Cold-benefits-d...9-cecd345d8645
Old Nov 30th 2010, 9:02 am
I have a comma problem

I can't wait!

PS - did you see this? http://www.u.tv/News/Cold-benefits-d...9-cecd345d8645
I hadn't heard of that. I remember when I used to think -4C was cold

Looks like my mum won't be getting that benefit, our postcode wasn't on the list . . .
Old Nov 30th 2010, 9:03 am

I hadn't heard of that. I remember when I used to think -4C was cold

Looks like my mum won't be getting that benefit, our postcode wasn't on the list . . .
Oh that's too bad for her. Guess it wasn't as cold up there around Carrick then?
Old Nov 30th 2010, 9:08 am
I have a comma problem

Oh that's too bad for her. Guess it wasn't as cold up there around Carrick then?
It usually never was, being that we were down at sea level and not up in the hills. We'd get a lot of wind and rain, occasional snow but nothing extremely cold.

Belfast wasn't on the list either, unsurprisingly - anywhere by the Lough usually did OK in the winter (as far as I remember anyway - sure I have the 'rose tinted specs' on when I look back at the days of old, right )
Old Nov 30th 2010, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, good luck!
Old Nov 30th 2010, 9:17 am

It usually never was, being that we were down at sea level and not up in the hills. We'd get a lot of wind and rain, occasional snow but nothing extremely cold.

Belfast wasn't on the list either, unsurprisingly - anywhere by the Lough usually did OK in the winter (as far as I remember anyway - sure I have the 'rose tinted specs' on when I look back at the days of old, right )
Yeah didn't expect Belfast to be on there, and the gulf stream keeps the top half warmer than inland.. especially down at sea level, that's why you get all that rain

Rose tints? Oh yeah everyone does. Tell you what though, it was a blast having fun in the snow when I was home at Christmas time last year!
Now I'm still suffering 29C heat here while it's snowing back home.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:30 pm
I have a comma problem

Now I'm still suffering 29C heat here while it's snowing back home.
29C????

That's mental! Not to cross over with the weather thread but that is way too hot even for July, never mind December if you ask me!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:01 am

29C????

That's mental! Not to cross over with the weather thread but that is way too hot even for July, never mind December if you ask me!
Yes it was 29C yesterday. Funny thing is... it's 18C out there today. The weather forecasters on tv call it "a cold front" down here.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:19 am
I have a comma problem

Yes it was 29C yesterday. Funny thing is... it's 18C out there today. The weather forecasters on tv call it "a cold front" down here.
It's not even 29F here today! And it's snowing
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

SuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to allSuperRams is a name known to all

It's not even 29F here today! And it's snowing
Just rain here....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.