Still Addicted!

Old Dec 28th 2004, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

wilko_1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Still Addicted!

Hi guys,

dont know if anybody remembers me....

I have been back in the UK just over 11 months now and im still looking at this site several times a week!

For anybody who doesn't know, i emigrated to Perth in Sept 2003 (with my parents), hated it and returned to England in late Jan of this year. I have no regrets about coming back, im only 20 and I Perth had absolutely nothing to offer me.

Anyway.... has anyone got any other good forums I could visit to ween me off this one?

Im already a big fan of housepricecrash.co.uk , for anyone who also is trying to give up expats, then i reccommend it! They sometimes even reference expats on their!

Answers on a postcard please!
Old Dec 28th 2004, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

doodle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Still Addicted!

Hi Wilko_1984,

You sound very happy to be back home. I too am 'addicted' to this site, I live in the USA and was about to leave for Perth in Aug 2005. A light bulb went on just a week ago now and my husband and I have decided that it would not be the best place to go for us, mainly for financial reasons. The US dollar is very weak and it wont get us the lifestyle that we wanted. We have a great life here in California, we were thinking of Perth because my brother lives there. It sounds like we made the right decision as we have three teenage daughters 18, 16 and 14. I know they were concerned that there wouldn't be enough going on. Exactly what was it that you didn't like? Sorry I dont know of any other sites, maybe I could get my 18 year old to drop you a line!! What are you doing now are you at college or working?

doodle
Old Dec 28th 2004, 2:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wilko_1984

Im already a big fan of housepricecrash.co.uk , for anyone who also is trying to give up expats, then i reccommend it! They sometimes even reference expats on their!

Yeah, remember you! Glad the UK is treating you OK now you're back.
Did visit that website once, but it was particularly uncomplimentary about people on this site, so I never went back........
Old Dec 28th 2004, 5:02 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wilko_1984
Hi guys,

dont know if anybody remembers me....

I have been back in the UK just over 11 months now and im still looking at this site several times a week!

For anybody who doesn't know, i emigrated to Perth in Sept 2003 (with my parents), hated it and returned to England in late Jan of this year. I have no regrets about coming back, im only 20 and I Perth had absolutely nothing to offer me.

Anyway.... has anyone got any other good forums I could visit to ween me off this one?

Yes I remember you. I was in opposite situation from you - moved from OZ to Europe as teenager and was v.homesick for first 4 years but parents (unfortunately) said "tough get over it". 24 years (and 14 countries) later I'm back home and loving it.

Anyway am glad you are happy and settled. Hope you never regret your choice to return to the UK the way I regreted my decision to stay in Europe.
Old Dec 29th 2004, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

I remember you too! So glad that everything is working out for you. Are your parents still in Oz?

Mandy
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 9:29 pm
Merlot

Nice to hear you are still enjoying it! Me too, best move I have to say.

Good luck
Merlot

Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:55 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wilko, I remember you, so glad that things are still good for you in the UK. How are the family doing in Oz? Christmas without family can be rough, but it sounds like you all survived.

Still trying to break the addiction to this forum myself, but just cant do it!

All the best

Iain