Spring is here

Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Spring is here

Spring is definatley in the air after a cold winter here temps are now in double figures daff and crocus are about in abundance.
The BBC has run a fantastic program this week called Lambing Live with Kate Humble based in a farm in Wales with 900 sheep! I saw the highlight program while flicking through and was rivited!

Yesterday was Mothers day and we went to one of the local Garden centres! what recession it was heaving, so much choice it was bewildering sophistication over NZ garden centres anyday! although we are in rented I bought some pots and some seeds to grow a few vegs so when we do have our own place we can take them with us.
Its now Monday morning a small frost but beautiful skies again, so lunch outside today I think! I am off to give blood today no restictions on this they want my blood and no delay even though I have been in NZ for 18 months!
The clocks must change soon roll on summer!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:57 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring is here

Hi Janey

I have been recording the Lambing Live show for the grandkids to watch. I love it!
Like you i am going to get some pots next week and also start sowing some veg seeds in trays. I love the transition from winter to spring. It makes you feel so alive.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by janeyk
Spring is definatley in the air after a cold winter here temps are now in double figures daff and crocus are about in abundance.
The BBC has run a fantastic program this week called Lambing Live with Kate Humble based in a farm in Wales with 900 sheep! I saw the highlight program while flicking through and was rivited!

Yesterday was Mothers day and we went to one of the local Garden centres! what recession it was heaving, so much choice it was bewildering sophistication over NZ garden centres anyday! although we are in rented I bought some pots and some seeds to grow a few vegs so when we do have our own place we can take them with us.
Its now Monday morning a small frost but beautiful skies again, so lunch outside today I think! I am off to give blood today no restictions on this they want my blood and no delay even though I have been in NZ for 18 months!
It's quite nice innit
I know what you mean about the recession, everywhere i go is always packed, on the news they go on about massive profits being made at supermarkets, banks etc,...makes you wonder!!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 1:05 am
Wub
Forum Regular

Wub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to behold

I'm green with envy...

I'm in a desert city where everything is imported. No fresh veggies or daffodils popping through the frosted landscape for me sadly...

Off for a sulk....
Old Mar 16th 2010, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Wub! weather today in the SOuth west still sunshine and dry daffs everywhere and tuns of blinking easter Eggs! Lol!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

here are some pics!
Attached Thumbnails Spring is here-home-summer-2008-014.jpg   Spring is here-home-summer-2008-017.jpg   Spring is here-spring-2008-021.jpg  
Old Mar 16th 2010, 12:53 pm
Wub
Forum Regular

Wub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to beholdWub is a splendid one to behold

Ah Wub! weather today in the SOuth west still sunshine and dry daffs everywhere and tuns of blinking easter Eggs! Lol!
Life can be sooooo unfair!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 12:57 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, look at all those tulips!

I have to say I'm tempted to move down to the west country. It could just be that this winter was particularly rough, but springs so slow, and it looks as if it really is there down south.

Where are the nicest coastal places in Cornwall? Decent beach, medium sized town or biggish place not far away, good climate.

We did look closely at south Devon and weren't blown away by any places there. We love the beach at Whitby. Spectacular.

Bev
Attached Thumbnails Spring is here-beachus.jpg  
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

personally I would not live on the coast as the emits tend to raid them in the summer, I do enjoy going out of season! we lived before we went to NZ on Bodmin moor we now live in the shadows of Dartmoor although not far from Bodmin moor great pubs euaitable distant from both coasts! from here Exeter is 45 mins commute, Plymouth 45 mins, Truro 45 mins to 1 hour! my fav place is Padstow and then Polperro inland it has to be Tavistock. I must investigate Exeter more I have only been a few times but look lovely for shopping!

The Tulips are at the Eden project its a fantastic display and worth seeing as is the daffordills at Cotehele!"
Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:18 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

We have loads of snowdrops here in Somerset, but have hardly seen a full daffodil head. Lots of buds with yellow showing through but not the full flower. I hope to see lots before I fly back to the land downunder.........
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:13 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

28th March at 2 am
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:35 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
28th March at 2 am
And that happens to be my birthday!!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

shorter weekend then
Old Mar 19th 2010, 3:17 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
28th March at 2 am
Ours changed last weekend.
I went grocery shopping yesterday and they are selling daffodils everywhere, it was lovely.
Spring officially starts on my birthday
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Ciderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud of

Spring seems to have kicked down in Wiltshire as well; blossom on the trees, daffs and crocuses appearing and in to double digit temperatures as well...ah bliss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.