Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Spring coming early again.

Spring coming early again.

Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:08 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring coming early again.

Another sunny day! Didn't even wear coat out today. Note to self...must buy sunglasses!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:39 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pamela 1
Jacaranda trees are native to Africa as far as I know. They bloom in the Spring in South Africa and there are masses of them in the capital of Pretoria.

We have seen a couple when in Central Florida.
They are from Central and South America.

G
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
They are from Central and South America.

G
There are masses in NSW - festival in Grafton I think? I like the way they hide away for eleven months, then suddenly burst out of nowhere in a cascade of purple blossom. I love Jacaranda and I love bluebells.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

kelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ilsretail
been a lurker since 2002

i was born in wolverhampton. hated britain with a passion, hated weather, ect. wanted to move abroad to find that better life.

decided to move to southwest instead...(uk)..... damn! im 20 mins from beach, minutes from rolling countryside, minutes from wales!

loving it wouldt change a thing.

weather today for all you guys stuck in oz: 16 degrees, went to weston beach, absolutely packed, people everywhere ennjoying themselves.

dog walkers, hikers in shorts, donkey rides, kite flyers, jet skiers, candyfloss, ice cream!!!

we had chips, went to ASDA to buy salad and olives, ate on said beach.

just got back......best time ive had for YEARS. and in UK!

moral of story....ignore the miserable trolls on here, moaning about uk, when the problem isnt uk, its the individual/circumstance that they cannot deal with properly.

i love uk!!!
THANKS FOR THAT, NICE TO HEAR FROM PEOPLE NOT MAD ENOUGH TO LEAVE UK IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! WE ARE ON OUR WAY BACK FROM ASAP!! NO GOOD HAVING ALL THESE BEAUTIFUL BEACHES WITH NOONE TO SHARE THEM WITH......WISH WE HAD ASDA OVER HERE!!!! AND ARGOS.....AND SAINSBURYS!!
IVE REFOUND MY PATRIOTISM, KEEP MY SPACE FOR ME!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:42 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelbelinoz
THANKS FOR THAT, NICE TO HEAR FROM PEOPLE NOT MAD ENOUGH TO LEAVE UK IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! WE ARE ON OUR WAY BACK FROM ASAP!! NO GOOD HAVING ALL THESE BEAUTIFUL BEACHES WITH NOONE TO SHARE THEM WITH......WISH WE HAD ASDA OVER HERE!!!! AND ARGOS.....AND SAINSBURYS!!
IVE REFOUND MY PATRIOTISM, KEEP MY SPACE FOR ME!

I really appreciate the UK now after almost 2 years of crap in Perth, it really does make you appreciate what home has to offer
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:13 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bil
Beats sitting outside in a Brit summer, clutching a hot water bottle!

Sooooooo true!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
I really appreciate the UK now after almost 2 years of crap in Perth, it really does make you appreciate what home has to offer
Ironic because I took issue with someone who referred to UK as a 'toilet'.

I'd like to get the two of you together to share your views.

'Bog Rolls at Twenty Paces.'

By the way, why did you hate Perth? I loved it from the moment I got off the boat in Fremantle but I couldn't get a job so I went to Sydney.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

alliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to beholdalliekate is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Spring coming early again.

Talking about Argos I even miss the catalogue..................

OMG do you think I have completely mad here ?

By the way, the rain is so bad here we have had to empty our pool out physically by buckets every day (the back pump has packed up) and I have just checked and we have to do it again tomorrow. The overflow from it has killed all our grass and we had just re-seeded it (ha ha) ....... And overflowed the septic tank. Again (had it emptied 2 weeks ago !!!) :curse:

English rain ???? Bring it on !!!!!

At least we are still laughing

A xx ps how are the daffoldils coming on ???
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:53 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saveme
Ironic because I took issue with someone who referred to UK as a 'toilet'.

I'd like to get the two of you together to share your views.

'Bog Rolls at Twenty Paces.'

By the way, why did you hate Perth? I loved it from the moment I got off the boat in Fremantle but I couldn't get a job so I went to Sydney.
My love is hill running hiking for miles but the heat put paid to that and when it was not 40 + it was pissing down for days on end, I also found the place boring and isolated, I love different cultures and foods and missed my walking trips to Europe which are so cheap with the budget airlines...Oz suits some people but as a young guy it did not suit me.....plus the night clubs can be dangerous man seen more trouble in nightclubs in Perth in 2 years than I ever did back home.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

My love is hill running hiking for miles but the heat put paid to that and when it was not 40 + it was pissing down for days on end, I also found the place boring and isolated, I love different cultures and foods and missed my walking trips to Europe which are so cheap with the budget airlines...Oz suits some people but as a young guy it did not suit me.....plus the night clubs can be dangerous man seen more trouble in nightclubs in Perth in 2 years than I ever did back home.
I can relate to that. I like cycling and walking in the New Forest and I'm worried that when I return to Sydney my cycling will be essentially from one suburb to another rather than village to village. I should probably do a cycling holiday in London to prepare me for Sydney roads! I keep meaning to book a walking holiday but always dither and end up going off on my own at the last minute. Been a member of The Ramblers for ten years and done five walks with them.

There's some good bush walking in the parks around Sydney mind - Blue Mts - Royal National Park, generally lots of swimming in the rivers on the summer walks. Lots of climbing up and down stairs around Katoomba and Blackheath. I joined the Sydney Bush Walkers and they are almost identical to The Ramblers in the way that they organize walks at weekends.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:19 pm
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
I see less children playing out here than in the U.K...in the summer its to hot..and winter it's too cold and wet...I see less flowers here in Spring and Summer than I did at home.....
These comments apply just as easily to parts of the US as they do to Aus. Here in southeast Texas, by May it's really too hot to spend any length of time outside, particularly doing hard work or play. We do anything like mowing in the early hours of the day or in the evening. And that can go on well into October . . . And watch out for the mozzies. Texas take perverse pride in the size of the mozzies -- "big enough to carry you off!" The winter is generally short and mild, but often wet, and of course the days are short.

This is one of the best times of the year (Feb/March) and we've just had a lovely weekend -- although mozzies are a bit of a problem already.

I think we have fewer flowers here too. When I went home last year, I saw that my mother, who lives in Devon, had probably every type of flowering plant in her garden that I have in south Texas, and more! I particularly miss the shrubs and flowers that just won't grow in the long hot summers or need a hard frost.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:17 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely perfect day today

Blue skies and sunshine and just the right temperature for walking.

The spring flowers are well on their way and the birds are singing

I must be mad to be thinking of leaving

Forecast to continue very much the same.....enjoy.

G
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Grayling
Absolutely perfect day today

Blue skies and sunshine and just the right temperature for walking.

The spring flowers are well on their way and the birds are singing

I must be mad to be thinking of leaving

Forecast to continue very much the same.....enjoy.

G
Where you going
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:23 pm
Bitter and twisted

Where you going
Brisbane......where my son lives.

I have mixed feelings but will give it a go for a while.

G
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:23 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you try anywhere other than Perth?

I'm sure that somewhere on the internet a disillusioned immigrant to the UK is posting: "I went to England, don't know what they are going on about, Gravesend is a toilet".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.