So confused.

Old Jan 30th 2010, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So confused.

Any closer to 'D' Day Brits?

Originally Posted by brits1
And I will be the third to second that..lol...had some great experiences but as Andy Pandy said "Time to go home".....
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzie
Any closer to 'D' Day Brits?
Yes just getting quotes for removals...we have to leave this rental in April...might stay a few more weeks just to clear things up so to speak....it has come around way to quickly in a way as I thought I would be able to take my "leisure" with things like that.....now the panic has started my Oh phoned this morning and asked my plans for today.....even that seemd to much to think about...lol....
Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

This is SO exciting...but I imagine pretty damn scary too. Where are you heading back to? Is hubby over there already?

Yes just getting quotes for removals...we have to leave this rental in April...might stay a few more weeks just to clear things up so to speak....it has come around way to quickly in a way as I thought I would be able to take my "leisure" with things like that.....now the panic has started my Oh phoned this morning and asked my plans for today.....even that seemd to much to think about...lol....
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

This is SO exciting...but I imagine pretty damn scary too. Where are you heading back to? Is hubby over there already?
Oh is in W.A at the moment....in the far north though a 2 hour flight away...at least he's in the same state/country at last..lol...we are heading back to near Manchester..our boys want to be near their family for once and our eldest is going to Uni there....we were going to try a different area..not because we did not like where we are from..it's nice..but because we just wanted to try somewhere different but having talked about it the boys (even myself at the moment..lol) would like to be nearer family....that may change...lol..watch this space.....
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Hi Karla,

I used to live in Adelaide. Me and my partner liked it. I know what you mean about being away from family and friends. Wasn't this something you'd expect before moving out their? OZ is very isolated as is Adelaide in itself. Perhaps you need a bigger network of friends? This was one of the main reasons why we didn't stay their and the weather (too hot).

You have to ask yourself this - how important is family to you? if its really important then you need to be moving back or your family need to be moving closer to you. Without a good network of friends out their and some family it can be very tough.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:58 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Oh is in W.A at the moment....in the far north though a 2 hour flight away...at least he's in the same state/country at last..lol...we are heading back to near Manchester..our boys want to be near their family for once and our eldest is going to Uni there....we were going to try a different area..not because we did not like where we are from..it's nice..but because we just wanted to try somewhere different but having talked about it the boys (even myself at the moment..lol) would like to be nearer family....that may change...lol..watch this space.....
I lived in Whalley Range near Chorlton Cum Hardy (gotta love some Brit names for places) for a few years and it was great. So friendly. Our street had so many people on it that became great mates.....it was amazing and all from different walks of life - gay, straight with kids, elderly, Asian....you name, we had it. It was a really good time!

I'm from Stockport area originally. Where are you going back to? SO ENVIOUS!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
I lived in Whalley Range near Chorlton Cum Hardy (gotta love some Brit names for places) for a few years and it was great. So friendly. Our street had so many people on it that became great mates.....it was amazing and all from different walks of life - gay, straight with kids, elderly, Asian....you name, we had it. It was a really good time!

I'm from Stockport area originally. Where are you going back to? SO ENVIOUS!
Oh I use to trip the light fantastic along the A6....Puss in Boots...all the lovely pubs in Hazel Grove...and The Heatons...even use to drive up to Pott Shrigley with a Kebab after working a late at the Hospital...lovely times...and sooooo many years ago..lol...we will stay with my Dad in Danebank and then look at areas near...we like Marple and Woodley...we have to think of the commute to Uni for our eldest and at the moment he just really wants be at home surrounded by family (as does our youngest) so nothing really too far away....I kind of know Whalley Range....maybe driven through the area full of Victorian Houses if I remember...not sure though...I mainly stayed Cheshire side and use to Trip into Manchester for a night out at the weekend....best of both worlds really we lived just on the doorstep of Cheshire/Derbyshire and a short drive in Yorkshire but never far from Stockport or Manchester...I would like Disley but maybe in a few years...just spend some time getting back into family life..we will rent first and see how it all goes....12 years without family....well it can change you...lol..
Old Feb 1st 2010, 5:19 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Oh I use to trip the light fantastic along the A6....Puss in Boots...all the lovely pubs in Hazel Grove...and The Heatons...even use to drive up to Pott Shrigley with a Kebab after working a late at the Hospital...lovely times...and sooooo many years ago..lol...we will stay with my Dad in Danebank and then look at areas near...we like Marple and Woodley...we have to think of the commute to Uni for our eldest and at the moment he just really wants be at home surrounded by family (as does our youngest) so nothing really too far away....I kind of know Whalley Range....maybe driven through the area full of Victorian Houses if I remember...not sure though...I mainly stayed Cheshire side and use to Trip into Manchester for a night out at the weekend....best of both worlds really we lived just on the doorstep of Cheshire/Derbyshire and a short drive in Yorkshire but never far from Stockport or Manchester...I would like Disley but maybe in a few years...just spend some time getting back into family life..we will rent first and see how it all goes....12 years without family....well it can change you...lol..
Were you at Stepping Hill? My mum worked there as a maternity nurse and I was born there. Puss in Boots......oh my...I think I used to fall in there after being at the Dog and Partridge but it's all a blur. AND I went to Marple Hall School.....so funny. Getting into Manchester is so easy from there. 20mins and the trains are super regular. Oh how I love the train afer living here in Canada!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

How old is your son then Brits....will he start uni in Sept? Will you have to cop the dreaded 'international student fee'?

Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

How old is your son then Brits....will he start uni in Sept? Will you have to cop the dreaded 'international student fee'?
He is 19...gulp...in Feb...he deferred his Uni place until this Sept. and no he will not pay the international fee.....
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Were you at Stepping Hill? My mum worked there as a maternity nurse and I was born there. Puss in Boots......oh my...I think I used to fall in there after being at the Dog and Partridge but it's all a blur. AND I went to Marple Hall School.....so funny. Getting into Manchester is so easy from there. 20mins and the trains are super regular. Oh how I love the train afer living here in Canada!
We had our youngest "booked" in for a place at Marple Hall but our home he did not sell...when it did it meant he would of gone back halfway through the last year of GCSE's so we decided to stay until he finished year 11 hear..then he would go to college instead...it was also his choice he either completed year 12 here (but that would again put him out of sinc. with the years in the U.K) or we leave in April when our rental lease ends....No I worked at the Manchester Royal and then on the District a few years later in the evenings...our youngest son was born at Stepping Hill....in a "cottage" suite....lovely....The Dog and Partridge was that the large pub on the right hand side of the A6 heading towards Hazel Grove...or the one acutally in Haze Grove....my memory is not what is was...lol......I think one of my favorite pubs...(I sound like a right lush...)was the Hare and Hounds in Werneth Low...you could see all of Mancheste,r parts of Derbyshire and Cheshire from the beer gardens....and it's also a very old pub....are you heading home?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 11:31 pm
Lost in Space

We had our youngest "booked" in for a place at Marple Hall but our home he did not sell...when it did it meant he would of gone back halfway through the last year of GCSE's so we decided to stay until he finished year 11 hear..then he would go to college instead...it was also his choice he either completed year 12 here (but that would again put him out of sinc. with the years in the U.K) or we leave in April when our rental lease ends....No I worked at the Manchester Royal and then on the District a few years later in the evenings...our youngest son was born at Stepping Hill....in a "cottage" suite....lovely....The Dog and Partridge was that the large pub on the right hand side of the A6 heading towards Hazel Grove...or the one acutally in Haze Grove....my memory is not what is was...lol......I think one of my favorite pubs...(I sound like a right lush...)was the Hare and Hounds in Werneth Low...you could see all of Mancheste,r parts of Derbyshire and Cheshire from the beer gardens....and it's also a very old pub....are you heading home?
Oh my goodness....my husband and I went to the Hare and Hounds the last time we were home. He banged his head on the beams as he's 6ft 3in tall. In fact that was his second head injusy in Blighty. He thinks it's made for hobbits! It's 5 minutes from my Mum's!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 11:32 pm
Lost in Space

He is 19...gulp...in Feb...he deferred his Uni place until this Sept. and no he will not pay the international fee.....
How did you avoid the international fees?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Seconded...how did he avoid the int. fees?
So...presume he's just recieved his ATAR results...how did he go? I ask as I've heard you've got to get an ATAR above 98 to be of any use in UK unis!
Throw us a lifeline Brits!
We've got one uni who say they'll accept him as Home fee std, but said it's likely LEA will step in and overrule them - I remember this happened to someone on BE a while back.

How did you avoid the international fees?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Seconded...how did he avoid the int. fees?
So...presume he's just recieved his ATAR results...how did he go? I ask as I've heard you've got to get an ATAR above 98 to be of any use in UK unis!
Throw us a lifeline Brits!
We've got one uni who say they'll accept him as Home fee std, but said it's likely LEA will step in and overrule them - I remember this happened to someone on BE a while back.
Hi we applied through Ucas (as you have to) first we spoke to the Uni's our son wanted to attend...they were so helpful...honestly just the best (sound like a teen..lol...I wish) we spoke to both head of the course our son wants to attend and we explained about his Tee results....and was asked by both "heads" to send in all the info we had "on" our son directly to them...we did this (our son wanted to do sports science)we also told them our "long" story in regards to relocating back home to the U.K....anyway we sent off all copies of references (our son represented W.A in different Sports) and also his High School and Clubs he attended....we had "transfered" his tee's (which are different to other states here in Aus so a little bit more difficult) to British Standards this we did through Naric....both Heads said they would be more than pleased to offer a place but we had to go through Ucas..now we also knew that our son was a "tee" down as his school dropped it from the course halfway through year 12...anyway he was offered a place at both uni's...THEN we had to give our information to the Uni which "course" he accpeted, we told the the truth...but our son did start college in the u.K the year before as we'd had an offer on our home but it fell through right on the 'deadline" so he came back to Aus and worked really hard to finish his year 12 at college and resit other tee's so now he has the equivalent of 4 A levels...now he was already accepted with just 2 but he deferred his place unti this September...okay missed a bit out....we had already been home for 10 weeks prior as we had also had another offer on our home then so we went home to look for homes and also for schools etc for our sons....we came back because again the home fell through even though we had signed everything and all seemed to be straightforward (lol..just so not what we are use to)...we even had our dentist and doctors "sorted out"...we had all this evidence and sent this off to the Uni....and they were satisfied that we had really commited twice to a return home but because of finicial reasons (the selling of our home etc) we had to return to Aus.....they do take this into consideration....but I do know of others who have been accepted without even any evidence....they just spoke to the Uni's and told them their situation....our son has worked his socks off and now has the money for his Uni fees so will not need a loan....I hope this helps....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.