Smells

Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smells

Originally Posted by Familytoaus
Hi brits1, We are going back FOREVER! Yes, we have done our stint in Aus, only 6 months but when you know, you know, if you know what I mean.

I'm glad we did it, if only to get it out of our system and it will be a good story to tell the grand kids, (that we don't have yet as our oldest is only 8).

Anyway the door bell has just gone, I think it is the nice man from CHESS with some boxes.
Good luck with everything...I do believe in "if you know, you know" as well.....seen lots of people keep trying (us included) and it justs either makes you ill....or sad.... or for some it does come right...don't know many like that though!!(at the moment I am both!!!) are you going back to the same area/home?.......
All the best......take care and the very best of wishes......you lucky so and so.....
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Originally Posted by TraceyW
My mate has Ariel automatic shipped over 'cos she loves her clothes smelling properly clean. And they do!
Hi you dont know who ships it over here do you I would love to get some I really miss it I know I am sad and should use the other brands over here but have not found one that smells so freshThanks Jan
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:13 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

What a fab thread - out of all the senses smell is in fact the one most closely associated with memory - that's why for example smelling a certain perfume will make you think of a person that wears it.

There's a certain shampoo I used a lot while I lived in Perth - I don't use it very often now but whenever I do it takes me right back to standing in the shower in our rented house in Perth. Weird eh?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:49 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

When I first came over to the UK ten years ago we lived in a pub. It is a silly association but there is a certain type of air freshener used in some pub toilets that takes me right back to those first months in the UK when everything was new and exciting! The taste of a cheese and branston pickle sandwich also takes me back to those days as that was all we could afford to eat!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 8:51 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

I miss the smell of a really old church, when incense has been burning. Also miss the smell of the cold, especially when it's just about to snow. Mostly miss my mum's Sunday roast dinner.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:00 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Good luck...are you going for a holiday or forever?.........anyway hope you have a lovely time....best wishes

ps went to Derbyshire last May..Blue John mines....Bakewell...lovely place with even nicer tarts (the eating kind)......
Ooooooh - don't let the Bakewellians hear you call their precious pudding a tart!! It's Bakewell Pudding, even though most of us call it a tart; they're very touchy about it. I used to love Bakewell until they moved the market into that horrendous white building with all the pointy bits; yes I knw it's "progress", but IMHO they've spoiled the town.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Familytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to all

Originally Posted by brits1
Good luck with everything...I do believe in "if you know, you know" as well.....seen lots of people keep trying (us included) and it justs either makes you ill....or sad.... or for some it does come right...don't know many like that though!!(at the moment I am both!!!) are you going back to the same area/home?.......
All the best......take care and the very best of wishes......you lucky so and so.....
Brits1

We are going back to roughly the same area, but like many, we sold our house to come over here, so shall have to start again. Although to be honest i feel quite excited about it, more so than i did when we arrived!!

I have spoken to the school and both my girls will start on the 25th Feb, they are so looking forward to it, especially my 4 year old, who, if we had stayed here would only be going 2 days a weeks for the next year, back home she will go straight into full time, however she is more than ready for it!!

Can't wait to get back now, just crossing another day off the calendar so we are another day closer.

Thanks for all your good luck wishes.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldbag
Ooooooh - don't let the Bakewellians hear you call their precious pudding a tart!! It's Bakewell Pudding, even though most of us call it a tart; they're very touchy about it. I used to love Bakewell until they moved the market into that horrendous white building with all the pointy bits; yes I knw it's "progress", but IMHO they've spoiled the town.
Sorry it was a pudding....it was lovely, fresh and just so bad for your hips...but hey you only live once.....Bakewell was lovely....it was a lovely hot day (yes hot in April) just in one of the best locations...and that said by a Lancashire Lass!!!!!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pommybird
What a fab thread - out of all the senses smell is in fact the one most closely associated with memory - that's why for example smelling a certain perfume will make you think of a person that wears it.

There's a certain shampoo I used a lot while I lived in Perth - I don't use it very often now but whenever I do it takes me right back to standing in the shower in our rented house in Perth. Weird eh?
My mum use to use Youth ew by Estee Lauder (not my kind of smell) but it was just lovely on my mum and everytime I smell it here it takes me back to lovely childhood times back home..also CK1 reminds me of my last few months in England before we came out here....I bought it as it had just come out and was on offer at Boots....I have never used it since.....it reminds me of Dark Days (at that time I had decided I really did not want to try Aus...and here I am still here nearly 10 years later!!!!)
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Familytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to all

I remember years ago, I mean we are talking about 30 years, (how time flies), I was at my grandmas house, now sadly departed and there was a certain smell in her kitchen. I never knew what the smell was, but until this day every now and again I'll smell it and in the most obscure places. It's almost as if from time to time she drops in to see how things are going... strange I know.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:17 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird

Not weird at all P. I still have a small bottle of Tabu in my draw and whenever I smell it, it takes me back to when I lived in Spain many moons ago. I do know that if ever I get home for good, I won't be able to smell vanilla room freshener without getting bad vibes because I use it here alot.

Brits1

We are going back to roughly the same area, but like many, we sold our house to come over here, so shall have to start again. Although to be honest i feel quite excited about it, more so than i did when we arrived!!

I have spoken to the school and both my girls will start on the 25th Feb, they are so looking forward to it, especially my 4 year old, who, if we had stayed here would only be going 2 days a weeks for the next year, back home she will go straight into full time, however she is more than ready for it!!

Can't wait to get back now, just crossing another day off the calendar so we are another day closer.

Thanks for all your good luck wishes.
<sigh>

I remember years ago, I mean we are talking about 30 years, (how time flies), I was at my grandmas house, now sadly departed and there was a certain smell in her kitchen. I never knew what the smell was, but until this day every now and again I'll smell it and in the most obscure places. It's almost as if from time to time she drops in to see how things are going... strange I know.
I still smell pipe smoke every so often and I'm sure it's my grandad watching over me when I am low.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I know exactly what you mean with the smells evoking people, what a lovely story. My Nan is thankfully still with us, but Elnett hairspray and Lambert and Butler fags sum up her fragrance!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:41 am

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Two weeks without the kids....heaven! Nah, I'll miss them but I couldn't take them on a rekkie, too much hassle.

I will give a full update upon return.
I for one look forward to reading all about your rekkie on your return. Will you be visiting sunny Marlbrook or just concentrating on where you hope to end up?

Have a safe trip.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

ree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of lightree76 is a glorious beacon of light

is it me or does the sea not smell the same in Oz? There doesn't seem to be that salty smell you get at the seaside back home or the smell of fish and chips
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:30 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

When I was a kid I loved the smell of the Xmas turkey cooking as I lay in bed, my mom would put it on very slow the night before, and with that and the feel of my pressies at the end of the bed made me a very happy bunny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.