shipping firms

Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:35 am
Just Joined

OZSpur will become famous soon enoughOZSpur will become famous soon enough
Default shipping firms

anyone recommend some please for going back home?
Cheers
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:41 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping firms

Hi there - not sure what they are like for going back, but we've just booked with Wridgeways (they use Robinsons in the UK, who we came out with). Wridgeways delivered our stuff here in Melbourne and were great so that's why we've gone back with them. They've quoted us just over $7000 Melbourne to Manchester. Good luck
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:18 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Hi there - not sure what they are like for going back, but we've just booked with Wridgeways (they use Robinsons in the UK, who we came out with). Wridgeways delivered our stuff here in Melbourne and were great so that's why we've gone back with them. They've quoted us just over $7000 Melbourne to Manchester. Good luck
dodge robinsons if you can they are bloody usless we paid to much they broke stuff packed stuff they shouldn't didn't pack stuff they should and totally stuffed up the whole deal by quoting for half packing 2 thirds and then telling me there is a problem with the inventory .

have used grace international before not sure what the rates ar like now but they packed ,shipped and broke one tea cup that I didn't like anyway professional

Last edited by toandfro; Jan 16th 2007 at 11:19 am. Reason: fingers not playing the game
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:14 am
Just Joined

davo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nicedavo453 is just really nice

We are using Allied Pickfords, we used them to move out 20 years ago, with good results

But we do know of a few other more recent migrants that used them to come to Australia with good results so hope they are ok Oz to UK.

Costing roughly 4k for 10 cubic mtrs including packing of furniture.

Dave
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:27 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Another tip is to use Letton Percival for your marine insurance - I heard they were competitive. Haven't used them myself (yet) - but they are frequently discussed on here.

"chance to be" - may have used them???
Old Jan 18th 2007, 7:59 am
Living the nightmare

Dizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Can I ask what size of container that quote was for?
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

lynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant futurelynniep has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by OZSpur
Cheers
I wrote this in another thread down the page, but might as well paste it here too rather than redirecting you:

might be worth you checking out Chess (www.chessmoving.com.au) We had a good experience with them although our things went from Sydney. You can get the quote from their website. They might ring you to clarify things.

We had 16 boxes of varied sizes, plus bed, sofa, fridgefreezer, microwave, washing machine, some shelves and bedside tables and were quoted just over $3k. We had it insured for $20k through them, and the total cost came to about $3700.
For this, we packed our own boxes (which were delivered beforehand), but they came and wrapped all the big stuff themselves (and did it very well)

At this end, we had to have it stored for a few months as it arrived in the UK way before they estimated - they went through Brittania Movers and it cost about £25 a week plus £75 initial fee. It was no problem getting it delivered this end, even though we asked originally for it to be sent to London but our final address was in Cambridgeshire, and everything arrived in one piece apart from two broken picture frames (and considering I sent a load of hand made ceramics, thats not bad)
Old Jan 20th 2007, 11:18 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OZSpur
Cheers
www.grace.com.au
we only deal with Doree bonner or John Masons in the UK.
................mm