She's Gone Country ....

Old Aug 29th 2011, 10:44 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: She's Gone Country ....

[QUOTE=Egg and Cress;9588898]
Originally Posted by wildinvirginia
I think he said hog cutters (forgive me if that's wrong) to get through all the tall grass for me and

The way you describe what it's supposed to do, I think it's a "bush hog" they're going to use.........
Glad you corrected her......I couldn't be bothered. I have a hard enough time keeping up with correcting the hubs
Old Aug 29th 2011, 10:47 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh - ha ha ha ... thanks, that'll save me looking even more stupid than I will. All I know is it's coming up my drive on the back of a John Deere and just the thought of that has got me skipping around like a loon! I bloody love JD's ... I so want a go.I know I don't stand a chance but not even knowing what the thing is called isn't going to persuade anyone I can be trusted with this really expensive piece of kit is it? I tell ya, that guy doesn't want to pop inside to use the loo and leave the keys in it - sod the baby, I'll strap her on me and we'll be off!

Did I mention I don't even have a driving license here I am that bad a driver ..... sssshhhhhhhh......
Our farmer friend drops his JD and his old Case off at our house sometimes for a week at a time. (He calls them "baby" tractors but they're decent sized.) Hubs absolutely loves using them. He's offered to show me how to run one but I've yet to take him up on the offer.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

wildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nice

Oh do it, it looks like so much fun! I am totally desperate to have a go Sad I know but there you are ...... it's all about John Deere, sock monkeys and trucks for me. I shoulda been a boy .... I'm thinking with this tree down I may get to see some machines up close ....wonder what my chances are of getting a go. I am a bit accident prone (understatement of the year) so probably no chance - my husband actually locks the superglue, staple gun and power tools away! I think you should try them both out and report back as to which is the superior brand
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:49 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Feel like crying for a stupid tree ... yikes, I been out here too long already. Now need to Google What the bloody hell do you do with a huge downed tree when the biggest tool you own is a hacksaw?

Get this one. Especially if you have a woodstove or fireplace.

http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS311.html
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:50 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

And from what you've said, you should never touch it.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 12:40 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank

http://www.stihlusa.com/graphics/chainsaws/MS311.gif

Get this one. Especially if you have a woodstove or fireplace.

http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS311.html
I own this saw. I wander the back yard butchering all who dare grow in my presence.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=tamms_1965;9589038]
Originally Posted by Egg and Cress

Glad you corrected her......I couldn't be bothered. I have a hard enough time keeping up with correcting the hubs
I don't bother correcting mine - I'm too busy translating for him! Even after all this time in the US he has trouble being understood, particularly at fast food joints!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

wildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nicewildinvirginia is just really nice

Oh yeah - now that is a friendly looking saw ... I want one of those lol. Thanks!!!! If I could get me a ride on JD mower and attach that to the front, I'd be in business lol Needless to say I wont be getting either but a girl can dream. A friend is coming by with one and as he's on a different shift from husband, there's a slight chance he wont know about my ineptitude and I could get my hands on it I have been promised a wood burner before winter so I will be looking out for bargain chainsaws. I England they passed laws about hiring them, is it the same here? I wonder if Craigslist could help me out ....

I try my best with the language thing I do, but even tho I'm doing better with my American, the whole country language has me thrown so sorry and thanks about the corrections/translations Oh and ordering in restaurants ... yikes. Mind you, if you go to the UK and try doing it in reverse, you'd fare worse ... English staff are a lot less tolerant PLUS we'd gob in your food lol It's all the damned choices over here - I mean seriously, coffee should be hot, milk is milk and who the hell cares if it's half this or half that ......
Old Aug 30th 2011, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Oh yeah - now that is a friendly looking saw ... I want one of those lol. Thanks!!!! If I could get me a ride on JD mower and attach that to the front, I'd be in business lol Needless to say I wont be getting either but a girl can dream. A friend is coming by with one and as he's on a different shift from husband, there's a slight chance he wont know about my ineptitude and I could get my hands on it I have been promised a wood burner before winter so I will be looking out for bargain chainsaws. I England they passed laws about hiring them, is it the same here? I wonder if Craigslist could help me out ....

I try my best with the language thing I do, but even tho I'm doing better with my American, the whole country language has me thrown so sorry and thanks about the corrections/translations Oh and ordering in restaurants ... yikes. Mind you, if you go to the UK and try doing it in reverse, you'd fare worse ... English staff are a lot less tolerant PLUS we'd gob in your food lol It's all the damned choices over here - I mean seriously, coffee should be hot, milk is milk and who the hell cares if it's half this or half that ......
In our experience, we can go to our local Rent-It Center to rent one anytime. We've found it is cheaper to go ahead and buy one because the rental is so high and you can't always be sure one will be available when you need it - particularly if there's been a storm that downed trees.

Every time you mention handling one yourself, I cringe - there can be a hefty "kick" when you go to use it - a neophyte at it that I knew nearly bled to death from a gash he inflicted on himself while he was trying to saw some fallen branches! And working for plastic surgeons has provided plenty of horror stories of experienced people cutting off fingers, hands and other bodily damage. Don't mean to rain on your parade (as I share your enthusiasm for the mens' toys), but please be careful.

Also, it's my understanding (no actual experience) that one must "season" chopped/sawn trees before using it for firewood. Something about creosote being produced by the green wood and eventually causing chimney fires. You might want to research that - or talk to the neighbors as I'm sure they'll give you all the advice (good and bad) you can handle.

I like my coffee with just milk & sugar - which is why I don't bother with the boutique style coffee shops. Besides, they're a lot more expensive than good ole' Mickey-D's.!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Why is everything that's fun so flippin' dangerous? bah ..... I doubt I could even lift the thing anyway, I am such a weed I really can't afford to lose any limbs, I cried enough at the tree losing it's so maybe I'll leave it to those who know what they're doing.

I kinda figured there was going to be more to 'gaining firewood' than just chopping it up and slinging it on there. Plus I don't know how to make fire. Or store firewood. I mean, it has to be dry right? I see it stacked up against people's porches but then I was thinking about all the advice to clear things away from the house that encourage bugs. I do have a huge garage away from the house, maybe I could put it in there? Plus the tree was hollowed and looked like it had been eaten by something - guess I need to check I am not bringing termites into the house lol But seasoning? I can barely do that to a chicken! Ah so much to learn from something so simple ha ha ha. Will it ever end? Will I ever just 'know' what to do with the most ordinary of things?

Google, Google, Google ....... or look stupid yet again asking the neighbors lol When we went for dinner the other night and my husband mentioned I have three degrees, the room went quiet ... then someone knowingly said, "Ah book smart ......" My life now? I'd be better of using the degrees as kindling lol
Old Aug 30th 2011, 3:56 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

you really need a yard man
I am fortunate... we have Sanchez
we do allow him to use the chain saw of course if he chops his arm off nobody will care, we just get a new Sanchez
Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

That's not nice, signed Mrs Sanchez
Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

Why is everything that's fun so flippin' dangerous? bah ..... I doubt I could even lift the thing anyway, I am such a weed I really can't afford to lose any limbs, I cried enough at the tree losing it's so maybe I'll leave it to those who know what they're doing.

I kinda figured there was going to be more to 'gaining firewood' than just chopping it up and slinging it on there. Plus I don't know how to make fire. Or store firewood. I mean, it has to be dry right? I see it stacked up against people's porches but then I was thinking about all the advice to clear things away from the house that encourage bugs. I do have a huge garage away from the house, maybe I could put it in there? Plus the tree was hollowed and looked like it had been eaten by something - guess I need to check I am not bringing termites into the house lol But seasoning? I can barely do that to a chicken! Ah so much to learn from something so simple ha ha ha. Will it ever end? Will I ever just 'know' what to do with the most ordinary of things?

Google, Google, Google ....... or look stupid yet again asking the neighbors lol When we went for dinner the other night and my husband mentioned I have three degrees, the room went quiet ... then someone knowingly said, "Ah book smart ......" My life now? I'd be better of using the degrees as kindling lol
I would keep quiet about the three degrees one of my younger neghbours (75ish) told me the biggest problem with college and "that stuff" was that it educated the common sense right out of people.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

He ain't wrong either - aren't I living proof of that lol?
Old Aug 30th 2011, 5:20 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex
I own this saw. I wander the back yard butchering all who dare grow in my presence.
I've got that one as well. Very nice. And it carries the Stihl "Caring for Nature" seal so you know it's good for the environment.

Stack firewood off the ground and covered in a place well away from the house. Get a wood rack that holds a day or two's worth and put it on the porch. Fill the porch rack from the woodpile as needed.

I miss our woodstove.

Once, I got behind in my wood splitting and borrowed my uncle's gas powered splitter. It was nice.

A happy boy. It was his job to stack the wood in the racks and then haul it to the house as needed. I'm not sure he misses the woodstove as much as I do.

Last edited by another bloody yank; Aug 30th 2011 at 5:24 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.