Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Selling Home With One Owner Overseas

Selling Home With One Owner Overseas

Old Apr 25th 2023, 1:51 am
Just Joined

Pootsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Selling Home With One Owner Overseas

Hi everyone, we are preparing to sell our home in Victoria Australia to return back to the UK (it's not on the market yet). We are considering hubby moving ahead of myself & wondered if anyone else had sold their home with one partner being overseas when everything is in joint names. Could a non-enduring power of attorney be used to enable me to complete the final sign off on a property sale? Thank you in advance for any suggestions/advice.
Old Apr 25th 2023, 2:37 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling Home With One Owner Overseas

I assume a lawyer is involved in the closing/ completion? ... Speak to them, it should be a total non-issue.

I sold a house (in London) when neither my wife nor I were in the UK.

I also bought a house in the US while I was visiting London, though my wife was present, which was also a total non-issue.
Old Apr 25th 2023, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling Home With One Owner Overseas

I agree that it should be a non-issue. We sold our house in the UK with neither of us being present, and that was pre-internet. My brother sold his UK house from Australia with neither he or his wife being in the UK at all, and that was in 2000.